GREAT DAY

Not a fan, although I like to see Saints do well. Football does seem a bit of an ill-disciplined handbag fight among drama queens most of the time. Lawrence Dallaglio's quote that football in general and the Premiership in particular is regarded within rugby circles as "The Andrex Challenge" - soft and unnecessarily expensive - summed it up well for me.

Regards,
Chris

On other hand I never understood rugby and beauty in standing in line and passing ball.

That's how England play at the moment - they are supposed to be running forward.

Harsh but fair, sadly. Can't see the RFU review panel doing much better, comprising at least one member who appointed Lancaster and then extended his powers over English rugby the following year.

With the prospect of the first all-Southern hemisphere World Cup final, the future's not looking too bright for European rugby either.

Regards,
Chris

For those who like football and want to experience it without the menacing, I can heartily recommend non-league.

I've followed a couple of local sides all round the country. Same banter in the clubhouse as you find at any rugby match.

I had a Saturday off work recently which happily coincided with the International break so I decided to spend an afternoon watching Prescot Cables who currently play in the Evo-Stick Division 1 North which is apparently the 8th Tier in the league system.

Thoroughly enjoyable end to end stuff with local ale and a nice hotpot to boot. Been back for a couple of midweek games and hopefully I'll get a few more Saturdays and some away games in as well.

Back
Top Bottom