Golf, why do we do it?

Boab said:
For me, I enjoy the competition against myself. Reducing your handicap and beating the course is my aim and that's why I keep going back. Contrary to popular belief it is also good exercise, I probably walk close to 15 miles a week during summer. I also find it a great social game and have met many good friends through playing. I also have views like this every time I go to play at home.

oxfordshire-golf-club-5th-hole.jpg

the-oxfordshire-8th-hole-spectacular-views.jpg

oxfordshire-golf-club-8th-hole.jpg

oxfordshire-golf-club-17th-hole.jpg

Costs me a fortune in golf balls though :D

I will hae a word with my mate Donald and get you onto the new course beside us Boab;);)

Boab said:
I also find it a great social game and have met many good friends through playing. I also have views like this every time I go to play at home.

Costs me a fortune in golf balls though :D

Stewart, let's be honest, you don't really get that kinds weather when "going to play at home" :angel:

For me it's the social occasion and also the very rare occurrence when a difficult shot or putt comes off.

I'm rubbish, and haven't played for a while but still love it. I've been playing on and off for almost 25 years now, more than any other sport.

Set it up scotty, see if he can send a jet down to pick me up while you are at it.

H I meant my home course not Scotland so the weather tends to be better :)

Boab said:
Set it up scotty, see if he can send a jet down to pick me up while you are at it.

H I meant my home course not Scotland so the weather tends to be better :)
Fit time you wanted picked up Boab apparently its a right challenge of a course to play.
150 quid a round during the week and 220 at weekends.

http://www.trumpgolfscotland.com/

Only 10 minutes by car from the house.

I have just started on the golf journey again, I last played 15 years ago, and hadn't tried to swing a club since I had a bike accident which left me with some significant lower leg injuries, and much less mobility than I previously enjoyed.

My Dad gave me his old clubs, which I have discovered are very good clubs and ideal for someone at my level so I went down the Driving range on Tuesday and hit some balls. To say it was a disaster was would be an understatement.

Today I went again, but this time I had a lesson. I had already sussed out my grip was completely wrong so had worked on that myself, then with the help of my tutor I managed to tidy up my swing quite a lot.

I've come away feeling much happier as most of the balls I hit went in approximately the right direction, a great improvement. A bit of practice over the next couple of weeks, then another lesson a fortnight today.

I may even try and get a few holes in on a Par 3 course over the next week sometime.

Back
Top Bottom