Going to have a go making a razor.

I recall Arrowhead making some blades from tool steel in memory of a friend, don't know where or if he's still active might be worth picking his brains.

Have an old kitchen knife that was made from a file. Has and keeps a great edge. Only problem it has is that it come to a flat pointed end. The end being thinner than the rest of the badge has a lot of flex to it. Not sure that it was caused by abuse in the first part of its life or something inherent in the metal used for the file.

Well as I promised yesterday an update on the razor, well there's still a little more machine work to be carried out, and maybe some heat treatment including quenching, but overall It's seems to be OK and I'm optimistic regarding the heat treatment blade certainly appears to have a uniform level of hardness right through the file, a few spec's it's a French point 8/8 full true wedge, well here are a few photo's of the progress.

Jamie.

001-17.jpg

002-18.jpg

003-13.jpg

The project is really coming together, great job so far. When the razor is finished could you knock me up an adjustable? (I'll provide the rusty file). :icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom