Gin & Tonic

Do men drink Gin & Tonic

• Yes

Votes: 49 92.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
GOLDCREST said:
OH yes men do drink Gin............Plymouth and forget the tonic...Its nice just by itself.....If you put tonic in you'll be drinking it like pop and end up depressed......A side effect of Gin unfortunately.

You're right William, it is nice on its own, served ice cold.

I must say that drinking it with tonic has never made me depressed.

Pissed, but not depressed !

Steve

Well I have partaken of quite a bit since posting this thread, with lime and lemon slices and I would say that lime has the edge, just.

Gin and tonic
Is fine anytime.
Tanquery for me. Ssshhhh you know who for tonic.
Like my razors I've sampled a few and I've had more fun drinking this than any other I can recall
I once ended up as impromptu barman at a wedding.
They had Tanqueray I did not realise it is over strength.
The rest is pistory.
Yrs
Slack bladder

You're all acting as if the Gin was the main ingredient. The Gin only makes the Tonic tolerable. It all for Malaria, not the enjoyment.

Gordon's and tonic with two measly ice cubes and ancient lemon slice like how you get it served in old man pubs that is seriously depressing. Bombay, fever tree and two big fresh lime wedges that's the future all in one glass

Tall glass, lots of ice in the bottom first of all then as razorquest says two big fresh lime wedges then pour on lots of Tanqueray or Bombay Spice. Finish off with a tonic water and give the glass a wee swirl. Believe it or not, it goes down rare with a pint of stout - Guinness or Murphys is fine but there is a Welsh one that if you can get it 'by the arm' tickles more than just the usual places. The gin refreshes the mouth from drinking the stout and the stout is a wonderful deep rich flood of black nectar after the light acidic bitterness of the G & T. Lest that's how I remember it - has been a while.

As to blokes drinking it my Geography Teacher used to the say that Sir John Clerk (local estate going back hundreds of years) would sell off a wee bit land every now and then just to keep him in G & T.

Does anyone take bitter lemon in their Gin?

I have been referred to as a homosexual for drinking gun & tonic on many occasions by my friends. I'm not a connoisseur like my brother but it's my short of choice.

I like a Gin and Tonic.

I'm not so fussy though, any reasonable Gin and some Tonic will do. I do prefer Bombay Sapphire and Schweppes though. I can't get into the Fever Tree tonic, just doesn't seem to taste right to me. Oh and a slice of lime please ;)

NNathwani said:
I have been referred to as a homosexual for drinking gun & tonic on many occasions by my friends. I'm not a connoisseur like my brother but it's my short of choice.

Is this an English thing? I've never heard of this connection in the USA. Or is it mixed drinks in general, instead of neat out of the bottle?

lindyhop66 said:
NNathwani said:

Is this an English thing? I've never heard of this connection in the USA. Or is it mixed drinks in general, instead of neat out of the bottle?

It's not something I have ever heard. Maybe if you've spent all day at work down't pit and go to pub after work and order a G+T you may get some strange looks. I think in most places having a G+T is pefectly acceptable though.

lindyhop66 said:
NNathwani said:

Yeah, it's confusing,

I can see why you asked that question, but there's a part from a previous post that you musta missed.

It's the way he orders his drink. Always wants one of them plastic swords with fruit skewered on it, plus two paper umbrellas tilted in a saucy manner.

Hope that helps clear things up.

Lose the beard said:
lindyhop66 said:
NNathwani said:

It's not something I have ever heard. Maybe if you've spent all day at work down't pit and go to pub after work and order a G+T you may get some strange looks. I think in most places having a G+T is pefectly acceptable though.

And it's damn refreshing!

Back
Top Bottom