Gillette Superthins

Hax said:
jon_hall said:
kt66 said:
Canuck said:
If you have a lot of yellows, don't go out of your way for the thins, there's not a big difference. I can't actually tell a difference at all.

That makes sense, I haven't got on very well with either of them.

You'd think that, i like superthins and hate the yellows.

I think this just goes to show just how subjective this whole business is. Myself, I find the Yellows to be more comfortable to shave with and to yield a cleaner shave than the Superthins.

I find Greens also good, still got a couple of yellows so will eventually give them another go.

I used these quite a while ago.

With my beard, the hair is quite thick. What I found was the blade wouldn't cut as cleanly as a 7 o'clock yellow. It felt kind of like the edge was flexing sort of feeling.

I have had 3 shaves with the Superthins and I would rate as OK. IMO not as good as yellow 7 o'clock or Feathers, but a lot better than some other blades I have tried, such as Dorco and Derby.

One rider I would add is that they were more comfortable on the first shave than a Feather...

Many thanks for to Hax for sending me the Superthins to try.

Cheers, Rousey

Father Ted said:
If you want me to PIF you a few Pavlo drop me a PM

That would be great.

I could offer some 7 o'clock Yellows or Greens in trade, if you like? Sorry, I haven't got a wide range stash yet, but I like to give back something in exchange.

Well, after saying that I didn't think much of the super thins, I thought I'd give them another go.

So, yesterday I load up my super adjustable, dialled it up to setting 5 and proceeded to shave. The first couple of swipes with the razor we're uncomfortable and reminded me why I didn't like the blade. But, then the blade seemed to smooth off and the rest of my shave was really good.

Today, I cranked the adjuster on the razor up to 7, which is where I normally have it when using a yellow. Again, I had another great shave with three passes and a bit touching up going smoothly and leaving me with a nice BBS shave.

So, for me, the jury its back out deliberating... It could be that those first couple of swipes were bad because I was having to readjust after having been using my Futur for the last couple of shaves...

Back
Top Bottom