Gillette 7oclock yellows

PavlovsDog said:
Sorry to drift off topic slightly, but someone early mentioned dridiot. I ordered some of the Black 7 O'Clocks from him on ebay - any ideas how long they normally take? I appreciate they are coming a fair distance, but it seems a fair while I have been waiting now.

I've used that seller before and the blades arrived within whatever timeframe was specified in the ebay listing. I wouldn't worry unless that time has now passed for your stuff.

Thanks Canuck, you're a gent.

I'm not sure how well I'm getting on with the yellows. This morning left me feeling quite raw. I'm sure it's down to technique, maybe I need something more forgiving whilst I get in the groove.

No worries, sounds like a pressure issue rather than the blade, the yellows won't make you raw on their own and the greens are only a little smoother, but there are some in the post anyway. Enjoy! And ease up a bit, I reckon that will solve things.

I have just retried them again last night but they seem to leave me a little tender but i don't know whether that's my technique or the soap i used Mitchel's fat last night , i seem to get a better shave from Red Personna which is a good job because i have 200 of them they seem smooth as silk to me anyway.

Them bics kill me they are overly sharp.

Canuck said:
No worries, sounds like a pressure issue rather than the blade

You were right. Just down to my technique. I "practised" with no blade in the razor, just using it's own weight to do the work, tried this a few times before loading a blade. Far better with much less irritation, now I just need to get the technique right to sort those problem areas out on my neck.

Looking forward to trying the greens next :D

Dipesh said:
I love those Bic blades. I find them sharp and smooth.

I think there a little smoother than the yellows.

I have tried again with these blades and i have got to say i wont use them again, they just don't get me a close shave at all, shark ss are better and even the merkur sample i had was better.

Back
Top Bottom