Gillette 7oclock yellows

Since I started DE shaving I've been using Shark and Bic that I got in a sample pack. Just used the yellows tonight and are they sharp :eek:uch:

Using in my long handled adjustable. Know you lot are liking the feathers etc but think I'm happy to stick with these for the time being.

Got a couple left and noticed they go on eBay, are these the real ones? Thanks

Jason1wood said:
Since I started DE shaving I've been using Shark and Bic that I got in a sample pack. Just used the yellows tonight and are they sharp :eek:uch:

Using in my long handled adjustable. Know you lot are liking the feathers etc but think I'm happy to stick with these for the time being.

Got a couple left and noticed they go on eBay, are these the real ones? Thanks

I bought 50 for £6 from an eBay vendor, dridiot, and they were the real deal. I do tend to prefer the green 7 o'clocks - but both the yellow and the green performed better for me than feathers.

p.s. I have a 100 greens arriving soon - I'll send you a pack when they get here

Thanks for that mate. I will get some ordered as they are mush sharper than the ones I mentioned earlier, very happy with the yellows. Thanks

A lot of people class them up there with feathers, they're certainly my favourites. I just did a thread the other day about someone selling 50 for £6 odd with free P+P on eBay, I'll dig it out.

Just seen the rest of your post. That would be very nice of you. Just a couple of blades will do as I'm not an everyday shaver, unfortunately!!!! Haha

Jason1wood said:
Just seen the rest of your post. That would be very nice of you. Just a couple of blades will do as I'm not an everyday shaver, unfortunately!!!! Haha

No problem. I'll send a pack - if you don't like them you can keep them for emergencies, trimming callouses, or something.
As for being an everyday shaver - most days I shave twice - in the morning before work - which many see as pointless as I work from my spare room .. and again in the evening. My beard grows at truly a phenomenal rate - in the quiet hours of early morning I'm pretty sure I can hear it.

I did used to like the fact I wasn't facially hairy, but since discovering DE shaving, it's become annoying as I want to try all the different soaps and creams available ASAP.

Thanks for the great gesture.

Jason1wood said:
I did used to like the fact I wasn't facially hairy, but since discovering DE shaving, it's become annoying as I want to try all the different soaps and creams available ASAP.

Thanks for the great gesture.

And Its no consolation...It gets worse, as you discover "new toys" to play with...and you've either just shaved when the stuff arrives...or the postman hasn't delivered yet after waiting several days....Ha Ha...

Good to see you're enjoying it Jason....

I know what you mean, I had a lovely shave with my first yellow last night and today my Dutch soap arrived from the Glasgow boys thread. Now will have to wait until tomorrow as I only shave every other day.

I got 2 soaps so might even PIF one of them as I've seamed to have aquired far too many. Haha this is addictive

I had my first shave with a yellow this morning and was pretty impressed. A revalation compared to what I've been using if I'm honest. The only pain is the glue holding them in to the paper.

What's the difference between the coulours of packaging? Is there a difference in the steel or edge? I might give a packet of the greens a go next. I can see the exerimentation phase not being a cheap one :icon_rolleyes:

shaving-shack.com has the yellows for £10.99 posted for 100.

I think the greens have no coating whereas the yellows not sure, but they have some say a rougher feel on the first pass or so while they bed in. The black Super Platinums are very good and last a lot of shaves. Very sharp, very smooth.

Tadpole: Use the old blade to take those glue spots off the new blade, it works well.

The greens are made in 2 different places so be careful which ones you get, you want the ones with "Super Stainless" on them then they're made in the same factory as the yellows (St Petersburg). The other ones are called Permasharp and they're made in India. Not bad, but not great.

I'm not sure if it's a different steel between Green SS and yellow sharpedge, probably not.. more likely a different edge grind or coating. They only differ slightly, most people agree they're comparable, a little smoother even. The yellows are marginally sharper. I think the green SS just shade it.

PS: Wierdly the green ones don't have that glue problem!

Yeah, sorry, I meant Super Stainless when I used the vernacular. I was referring to the yellows starting rough, just to clarify that bit.
I think the greens are more consistent so they just edge it for me too. Give them a try (I don't have any at the mo to send unfortunately, otherwise would have PIFfed you a few)

Sorry to drift off topic slightly, but someone early mentioned dridiot. I ordered some of the Black 7 O'Clocks from him on ebay - any ideas how long they normally take? I appreciate they are coming a fair distance, but it seems a fair while I have been waiting now.

Back
Top Bottom