Gillette #66 on E-bay !!

antdad said:
This sellers reaction to the advice may not have been in the spirit in which it was intended and I agree he's not selling it in the best way but you guys are tearing him a new arse hole because of what? He's holding out for a price he wants or is it because you can't get your mitts on it for a price you want?

Yep, motivation is always self intrested, the seller ain't thick, he knows what he can get for the razor, but is trying to hard to sell at a high price.

He can't be blamed for that, but his attitude stinks, not the way to be a good ebayer.

What he's doing, I would do the same. Hold out for as much as possible on ebay.
But, his reply to Steve really stinks. So for that reason I will not be buying it from him.... well that and the fact I can't afford it.
And he states he only lists on free listing days. Does this clown not realise that is just a marketing gimick? Ebay get huge amounts of cash on final listing fees. This guy saving 20p is not actually common sense as the higher the selling price, the higher the amount he has to give ebay.

Tall_Paul said:
antdad said:
This sellers reaction to the advice may not have been in the spirit in which it was intended and I agree he's not selling it in the best way but you guys are tearing him a new arse hole because of what? He's holding out for a price he wants or is it because you can't get your mitts on it for a price you want?

Nothing wrong with what he's doing IMHO, it's more the arrogant and ungracious way he responded to Steve's initial email.

'Watch and learn' FFS. Makes him sound like some character from a bad 80's movie.

Well I get that, he wasn't exactly rude but he wasn't grateful either.

Let's me put it another way, lets assume this seller isn't an experienced seller of razors despite his response as he seems to have only one price reference. After a few failed attempts an expert collector contacts him who admits to following this items progress and suggests he start the bidding at a third of his evaluation. Now I don't disagree with Steve's advice I wouldn't have given it myself but lets not pretend it's purely altruistic, he just may well have taken umbrage to it.

oh i can't blame him for what he's doing, ebay is an auction site, and the idea is to get the maximum you can for your item...

I just got fed up of seeing the thing keep popping up week after week, just thought it would help him out to have a bit of advice, he can do what he wants with the advice or totally ignore it if he wants.

just didn't like his answer......, could of just said "thanks for info, but am holding out for a higher price" etc etc

Like i said it takes allsorts

Steve

Same thing happens everywhere. This Slim http://link.marktplaats.nl/555295362
the seller is trying to get rid of for €50 or €55
This add comes and goes for years now. I also tried to help him but no luck.

I'm following a Print on eBay for 3 cycles. Listed for a price and also 'make a bid'. Have made an offer each time. Each time over 1/2 the asking price and increase each cycle. Each cycle it's been refused with no counter offer! Why would you ask for 'Offers' if your not going to counter and just refuse?? 3X time and I'm out.

Well if he puts the start bid low and just one person places a bid then he needs to ship is safety razor as that's the rule one eBay. So I can understand he asking so much to bid, other sellers I saw they just make high shipping.

Back
Top Bottom