Gillette #66 on E-bay !!

$(KGrHqRHJDgE9d(S7Qn0BPbgyiGNI!~~60_12.JPG

This Razor has been listed 4 times on E-bay in the last few months...

21st April starting Bid £140.00 NO SALE !

5th May starting Bid £130.00 NO SALE !

19th May starting Bid £130.00 NO SALE !

3rd June starting Bid £120.00 NO SALE !

Now listed again with a £100 start bid, i tried to help the seller by sending this message:

sunburyboy93 said:
Hi,

I am a Gillette Collector, have been for a few years, what you have there is an early 1950's Gillette No 66 Aristocrat razor set...

These in MINT condition have sold for over £100 !

i have watched you list this razor at least three times. but by starting your bidding at the prices you do, you are not going to get a sale on it, i have sold many razors including these, if it was me i would start the bidding at £40.00 and list it for 30 days and see what it goes for.

it's your item and you do what you want, but i would imagine your razor has been seen by people i know that collect razors and nobody will want to bid because of your crazy start price.

Just trying to help..

But good luck with your sale anyway

Steve

They replied with this :

undercoverbargainhunters said:
oh dear ha ha watch and learn!

Don't even know the person, but just dislike them already !!!

nice razor but what a shame about the seller, nevermind it takes allsorts !

theres no helping some people! maybe if we all add it to our watchlist, he will realise people are interested, as long as its game for a fair price :)

rick.[/align]

Two sayings spring to mind ;-

"Give instruction to a wise man and he will be yet wiser."

"The fool, in his heart, despiseth reproof."

I would have appreciated your advice Steve, but there's no arguing with stupid.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Just got another message from him:

"one sold in december for £157 and was missing the blade holder, it is in perfect no scratch condition, i only list it on free listing days so it doesn't cost to relist and it doesn't bother me if it takes a year to sell it

not eating anything and i not desperate to sell it,

i have been offered £70, £80, £100 and £110

i don't mind it taking a while to sell,

terry"

sad fact is, none of us actually know how long we've actually got on this earth to enjoy it.... terry doesnt know how long he's got to wait for the £ 160 he wants for the razor, or how much time he's got to spend it in...

& we dont know how long before he accepts the £110 we would spend on the razor & how long we have to enjoy it...

thank ferk none of us know, but in the meantime terry is stuck with something he doesnt want, while we all miss out... doh... food for thought...:icon_razz:

This sellers reaction to the advice may not have been in the spirit in which it was intended and I agree he's not selling it in the best way but you guys are tearing him a new arse hole because of what? He's holding out for a price he wants or is it because you can't get your mitts on it for a price you want?

antdad said:
This sellers reaction to the advice may not have been in the spirit in which it was intended and I agree he's not selling it in the best way but you guys are tearing him a new arse hole because of what? He's holding out for a price he wants or is it because you can't get your mitts on it for a price you want?

Nothing wrong with what he's doing IMHO, it's more the arrogant and ungracious way he responded to Steve's initial email.

'Watch and learn' FFS. Makes him sound like some character from a bad 80's movie.

Back
Top Bottom