Get ya Chillies In!

images

Ouch...imagine putting that to your lips.

Not chillies, but very amusing. :icon_razz:

Rude-radishes.jpg

I've got some radishes growing in the garden - think I'll have to up-root a few to check their credentials.

antdad said:
You're revealing your inexperience in these matters...most women would be very happy with cock shaped like that. ;)

But perhaps not that colour... :s

Last year was really crap weather for chillis, waste of time.

This year has been perfect, I'm growing "Big Bomb" chillis, seeds bought online from South Devon Chilli Farm. The plants themselves are very healthy but for some reason there's very little fruit this year; only about one mature chilli per plant which is real head-scratcher. Usually I would expect a dozen chillis per plant by now.

So far the full harvest of ripen fruit is one, as shown below compared to a pound coin for scale.
These chillis are not too hot and are great filled with cream cheese and grilled.

Chillis-2_zpsc242b1e2.jpg

I have 2 plants indoors, 3 outdoors in a cold-frame and 3 at the office. The outside ones are about twice the size of the others, but here's pic of the indoors.

Chillis_zps3b6ee371.jpg

Those pots look a tad on the small size fancontroller.:icon_wink:

I am currently over wintering the better plants from last summer & looking ok so far. hopefully it will give me a head start & a bigger crop.

7 Pod yellow
Fataali - Yellow
Trinidad seasong peppers.

Considerring getting Trinidad Scorpion & or Scotch bonnet seeds.

fozz77 said:
Those pots look a tad on the small size fancontroller.:icon_wink: ...

You might be right. Truth is I've been a bit too lazy/busy this year to repot the plants. The weird thing is the foliage is really healthy so it seems all the plants' energy's gone to the leaves instead the fruit.

I made the mistake a few years ago of getting an early start to the year. There wasn't much sunlight early on which made the plants leggy and on the weak side.
I think because we can't predict the weather the trick is to start the plants off at different times staggered through the year.

I grow the chillis you can't buy in the shops. It seems like you can quite easily buy most types except the globe-type ones, which are my favourites for stuffing with cheese.

My first plant, thanks to Jaycey :)

Cno2EXxlOiQ.jpg

fancontroller said:
It seems like you can quite easily buy most types except the globe-type ones, which are my favourites for stuffing with cheese.

Where do/did you buy those, and what's the plant's name?

I staggered the sowing of my seeds this year so I have some ripening now and some flowering so fingers crossed with a bit more sunshine a healthy supply for some time:)

Bought a few plug plants too, Nu-Mex, Super Chilli and a couple of different variety of Naga's. These are mostly in the poly tunnel and are looking great!

Back
Top Bottom