Get ya Chillies In!

antdad said:
Would it be unfair if I posted a picture of my eight incher?

too_much_information.jpg

I have a few seeds on order as winter is about to start. I have decided upon these varieties of super hots this year.

Yellow 7 Pot
Trini Scorpions Butch
Fatali
Bond Ma Jacques

and these because they are really tasty, Tobago Seasoning .

But if ya really want to get em in......
weineru.jpg

Sad to say we're still in for more frost and may be a little snow. Plants aren't even out for sale at most places. Sad:)-(
They're now saying -6C for tonite.

We've got some seedlings at the moment called Dutch Habenero, just a couple of inches tall at most on the kitchen window cill. One thing we've found in growing chillies and bell peppers is that sometimes they end up with very thin dry 'shells' rather than thick and juicy. Anyone know what we're doing wrong?

fozz77 said:

Is it me or does that look positively phallic?! :angel:

Well I ordered three chilli plug plants and they arrived about a month ago. I planted them in pots and put them on the windowsill. Soon after they started flowering. Now I'd read that when keeping these plants indoors they would need pollinating artificially. It was suggested that I use a small paint brush to exchange pollen between the flowers. I had a go at this but it was so fiddly that I ended up brushing the actual stamens of nearby flowers together. This technique has paid off and now each small plant has about ten small chillies growing with even more on the way. I'm really pleased with the crop considering almost all the other things I've tried to grow this year have failed. I'm just hoping that my runners won't let me down.

I cheated and bought an adolescent chili plant a couple of months ago, just waiting for the fruit to rippen off now.

Runners/french beans should be fine in this temperate weather, I'd plant some more indoors, trays, plastic cups whatever they'll keep going well into autumn.

I have had mine outside for a few days enjoying the sun and they are all flowering well, with some fruit showing on some.
Don't forget your Tomorite guys on the flowering plants;)

Looks like a good crop this year:)

Back
Top Bottom