Closed GEM Damaskeene loaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
After four shaves with the Damaskeene it's time I moved it on, Charliej is next on the list. The Damaskeene shaves much like a regular 1912 but there's something more refined about it that I can't quite put my finger on. The handle is smaller than a regular 1912 but it's still very comfortable to use. The head looks similar too, apart from a difference with blade stops which seem less pronounced. I had three good shaves and one bad one, the final one being awful. SE shaves usually leave me with minimal, if any, irritation but after the fourth shave I looked liked I'd been trying to exfoliate with nettles. The only difference with the last shave was that I switched to Speick cream. Oh well, lesson learned.

The list so far...

Exapno... done
Charliej
Rocket Man
pjgh
chriszacharek
Helveticum
Shiny
bigfatbloke71
YorkNeil

Many thanks to Tony for the opportunity to try this one. Being a US model these aren't as easy to obtain (or as cheap) as the British 1912s so once again the lending pool has saved me a fair amount of time, money and marital strife. That said, even though I have many more SEs to try I've a feeling that a Damaskeene might stay at the top of my wish list.

I read in another post that he's been having some personal issues recently and so I guess shaving and passing razors around is one of the last things on his mind. He's been posting again recently, so I guess we'll hear from him shortly.

Woo! Would that be me? I seriously can't wait for a Damaskeene shave ... in all this time, I've not managed to buy one, either.

Is polishing it a no-no? As in "you don't polish another man's razor"? :D

You guys know I'm a polishing nut ...

Its shaves a bit differently, I prefer it to the 1912 some don't.

I'm afraid the loan razor has gone missing...postal or otherwise I can't be sure.

antdad said:
I'm afraid the loan razor has gone missing...postal or otherwise I can't be sure.

First time I can recall even looking in this thread. I mainly wanted to see what Tony had posted. He has been pretty boring lately, but you never can tell with him.

So if it's needed, I am happy to replace the Damaskeene with one that looks like everything should be fine with it. Good overall condition with no plate loss or any weird stuff.. Heh, no idea how it shaves of course (slight shudder).

Might as well get this thing wet and it ain't gonna happen here. If that's what y'all decide on, have the next guy in line send me mailing info. I am not expecting to see this razor again.

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom