French Artisan, Le Pere Lucien soaps.

axelk said:
We are indeed expecting the Le Pere Lucien soaps to come in later this week or the next. They are lovely. They smell herby, like a Provence morning, great lather and packaging. I might have 1 or 2 samples around if any of you want to try.

I for one would love to try a quick sample. Thank you for the offer.

axelk said:
Thanks a lot for the kind words jb74. We are indeed expecting the Le Pere Lucien soaps to come in later this week or the next. They are lovely. They smell herby, like a Provence morning, great lather and packaging. I might have 1 or 2 samples around if any of you want to try.

Samples are always great! Put me in for one please, if still available :)

Helveticum said:
axelk said:
Thanks a lot for the kind words jb74. We are indeed expecting the Le Pere Lucien soaps to come in later this week or the next. They are lovely. They smell herby, like a Provence morning, great lather and packaging. I might have 1 or 2 samples around if any of you want to try.

Samples are always great! Put me in for one please, if still available :)

I think I've got about 2 left if I'm not mistaking. How should we do this? Could you PM me your address?

Mr_Smartepants said:
axelk said:
We are indeed expecting the Le Pere Lucien soaps to come in later this week or the next. They are lovely. They smell herby, like a Provence morning, great lather and packaging. I might have 1 or 2 samples around if any of you want to try.

I for one would love to try a quick sample. Thank you for the offer.

I think I've got about 2 left if I'm not mistaking. How should we do this? Could you PM me your address?

Got to give this a try today.

In short - I spent about 10 seconds loading my brush, although I suspect 5-7 would have been plenty. It creates tons of high quality lather, gave a smooth & hassle free shave and leaves the skin feeling soft and well moisturised.

There's a very mild scent from it, probably naturally occurring from the ingredients, wouldn't be my cup of tea though.

Overall it's a very, very good performer just let down a little by its scent, which isn't offensive but doesn't add anything to the experience other than one wondering if it's good, bad or indifferent.

Edit - I'm an hour past my shave now and my skin feels fantastic. No post shave balm required. Soft , smooth and well moisturised.

I tried this for the first time yesterday and, although I was impressed with its lathering qualities and overall performance I was left quite red and blotchy afterwards. I can't be sure it was down to the soap or the fact that I went for three passes when two is the norm. Has anyone else experienced similar?

UKRob said:
I tried this for the first time yesterday and, although I was impressed with its lathering qualities and overall performance I was left quite red and blotchy afterwards. I can't be sure it was down to the soap or the fact that I went for three passes when two is the norm. Has anyone else experienced similar?

Not me. I've grown to love this soap, possibly my #1. Although I finally succumbed and have a pot of MdC en route.

Well if you like the Pere Lucien you're going to love the MdeC.

Regarding the blotches, I didn't notice anything straight away and went out for Sunday lunch more or less straight afterwards. I had some choriso with a very spicy dipping sauce to start so maybe that was the culprit. Only way to find out is to try again tomorrow - without the choriso.

True artisan soap maker "Cyril" lovely guy too deal with, due to the high postage costs I ordered three (3) large tins of this fabulous soap. I would call this more a crop, not as hard as MDC. But very much on par.

Charles U.K

I ordered both Le Pere Lucien and Institut Karite from Galland & Klein (great service by the way) and have been very impressed by both. My initial concerns about LPL and red blotches were completely unfounded, the soap was in no way to blame as I've used it several times since with no reaction.

Back
Top Bottom