Floid ... talk to me

Agree. I used Aqua Velva in the 1980s too.. liked it a lot, so did my then girlfriend (now my wife).. and never went back to it... Quite possibly because of what you say...

Now that Floid Blue is discontinued... I think I might try it again... Not much hope though...
Are you talking about American Aqua Velva? According to their website the formula never changed.

Is Myrsol Blue not similar to the discontinued Floïd?
Thanks. I think so... but never tried it either...:oops:... I was lucky enough to get some bottles of Floid Blue some time ago although I now have just one left... Oh, misfortune!:D

@Rohleder, @Useless shaver
I found this interesting description by a member of the B&B forum. He wrote about Myrsol - and Floid Blue: I think both scents are pretty similar: menthol, powdery, fresh and clean. To my nose, the Floid scent is a bit lighter and more refined, while the Myrsol is more robust. Both draw justifiable Aqua Velva comparisons, but I think the Myrsol is closer comparison to AV than the Floid is. Both products perform well as an A/S splash, and in my opinion, both are worth what you pay for them.

Last edited:
Many have stated that the Euro version of Aqua Velva is weaker than the U.S. version, although I have never smelled the Euro version. I have never smelled Floid Blue AS, but I have a bottle of the EdT version and I like it, however it is totally linear and somewhat cloying after a few hours. :eek:

Little known is the Aqua Velva Original Sport version (green) only sold in Canada to the best of my knowledge. Many say it's the best of the lot. Unfortunately, the SOB's won't sell it in the USA and shipping from there is astronomical!! :mad:

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/aqua-velva-cooling-after-shave/6000110751924

Back
Top Bottom