Floid ... talk to me

The hair tonic is, to me not greasy, but I only use it while sunbathing on holiday, as a hair " suntan lotion". It also gives a good healthy appearance to the hair. I usually buy a small squirty bottle of the tonic, a suave and a vigoroso on my first day on holiday in Spain. They are widely available in most supermercados, but not in chemists or perfumeries, as they are considered as "common" because they are old school and local with no international cache

Excuse me.. you mean this one?

floid-locion-capilar-cabellos-blancos-400ml.jpg

Please, elaborate on it!:cool:

I've passed it on now :oops:

I first got a bottle of Floïd Vigoroso when I started using a DE in January 2016, I used it along with Tabac and Proraso, enjoyed it but ended up swapping for something else. Thought I would revisit it, remembering a sweet powdery scent a bit like old fashioned cough sweets, well I splashed it on and was simply revolted by the smell, I tried to wash it off but could still smell it 12 hours later. I've used a lot of products in the interim and can only guess my nose has become a lot fussier! I also detest Tabac now... Proraso gets a pass as its inoffensive and gone within 5 minutes.

Thanks, Paul. I knew no other but always thought it was just for white hair...

Not that I don't proudly sport some (ahem...) white hair, but... well, you know...:D

I do have (some) white hair, but I'm not at all concerned about it. I do enjoy hair tonics and fancy trying this one out - it's the greasy ones that I don't like.

Thats a very PC description Johnny and sure to please any Spanish readers :D

I would say bloody annoying but heart of gold.

What can I say, I have to agree with what I was told decades ago in Lanzarote, " God made Spain in five days, the sixth He put together the rest with what was left over. " But, as we always add in wise shaving discussions, YMMV !

JohnnyO. o/

I have and love both Floid Blue and Vigoroso and enjoy both with the blue and the orange atomiser.
Well, to be honest, I added some menthol crystal to Vigoroso and loved it even more!
I left the Blue in its original formula without adding menthol (fortunately) and I was lucky enough to find some bottles of it, in order to run out of it as late as possible! I also have an Eau de Toilette of the Blue one and I like it a lot; it was a present of a friend of mine from Spain.
I like also Aqua Velva but, maybe because I remember (or think to remember) the scent of the original one of the 80s, not so much than Floid Blue

I've passed it on now :oops:

I first got a bottle of Floïd Vigoroso when I started using a DE in January 2016, I used it along with Tabac and Proraso, enjoyed it but ended up swapping for something else. Thought I would revisit it, remembering a sweet powdery scent a bit like old fashioned cough sweets, well I splashed it on and was simply revolted by the smell, I tried to wash it off but could still smell it 12 hours later. I've used a lot of products in the interim and can only guess my nose has become a lot fussier! I also detest Tabac now... Proraso gets a pass as its inoffensive and gone within 5 minutes.

Well... I must say I don't like Floid (EXCEPT the Blue... of course)... and I'm Spanish!

I have and love both Floid Blue and Vigoroso and enjoy both with the blue and the orange atomiser.
Well, to be honest, I added some menthol crystal to Vigoroso and loved it even more!
I left the Blue in its original formula without adding menthol (fortunately) and I was lucky enough to find some bottles of it, in order to run out of it as late as possible! I also have an Eau de Toilette of the Blue one and I like it a lot; it was a present of a friend of mine from Spain.
I like also Aqua Velva but, maybe because I remember (or think to remember) the scent of the original one of the 80s, not so much than Floid Blue

Agree. I used Aqua Velva in the 1980s too.. liked it a lot, so did my then girlfriend (now my wife).. and never went back to it... Quite possibly because of what you say...

Now that Floid Blue is discontinued... I think I might try it again... Not much hope though...

Back
Top Bottom