First shave with the r41 2011

Canuck said:
After all this discussion I've ordered one, they sound interesting.

Are you sure? You should not listen to me, i can shave with just about anything. Watch this "experienced" shaver, using his brand new R41 with a fresh Feather; never seen so much blood...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=EswqKh20DJY

I could not stop laughing, sorry ;-)
But it is clear he pushes on his razor, tho he keeps saying "no pressure", and he uses a blade he says he does not master...

That video is incredible! Why would he upload such a thing? If by the end of a shave, that much of you has escaped surely it's time to rethink your technique.

I'm on shave 4 with my r41 and I'm enjoying it a lot. It can be a bit thirsty for blood but more importantly, it's hungry for beard. I saw one description that claimed it was effecient not agressive, I'll second that with the caveat that bad technique is inefficent as are any bumps on you face. This is certainly a razor that won't tolerate inefficiency...where was it made again?

Not one to be scared of though, just careful and patient with. I'm enjoying it very much. 2 passes with the r41 are giving results comparable to my Merkur 42, 3 passes are the closest shaves I've yet managed. Bit of alum sting but no lasting irritation.

Downsides? The handle is pretty mince, feels lower quality than it should and very light. But it does the job and keeps the price reasonable, I suppose.

So far so good, it still feels a bit like the razor is in control during the shave, not me. Looking forward to seeing how it goes in future shaves.

Back
Top Bottom