First shave with the r41 2011

Well got my new razor today and it looked fab!!decided to give it a quick trail.have to admit wish I hadn't used an astra with it but hey.what an amazing razor.makes a great noise and once I'd found the right blade angle gave a nice shave.one that needs practise I think.any blade recommendations?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I find that most work well with the 2011. 41R. The 1st one that I tried was the Derby, I think, worked well. Then I think it was the Astra . that's the fun of it. I use it about once every 2wks with a different blade.

I use a Personna red or a Shark SS, the shark seems more forgiving, this is the razor i use most as it seems to provide the closest shave and seems to keep stubble away for longer, better than the 39c imo and that's a blinding shave too.

Gutted that I spent most of last night in work and only had about 10-15min sleep and don't really feel up to using a razor today,as I was wanting to have another go!grrr.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Astra SP work best for me in the r41....I tried all sorts of blades and the Astras were the smoothest shave for me...I tried a Derby in it the other day as someone had recommended that combo.,as good...It was awful and I had to abandon the Derby ...and go back to the Astras'.....Do Derbys' work for anyone?

monkeytennis said:
Still trying with itbut my neck looks.lime a war zone!!

Are you using some well cushioning cream or soap?

I cant use Prorasso or Mwf with mine or i am in agony with t r41, Cella, Palmolive or omega cream whipped thick does the trick for me anyway.

OK, tried again this morning and really can not get the hang of this razor. Thinking of popping it up on the BST for a trade to a slant. Would anyone be interested? Just while I try to make up my mind.

Back
Top Bottom