First shave with MWF!

Approached this with a little trepidation, I must say!
EJ 89
MWF
Scabby old Wilkinson brush
Asco (orange) blade
Floated the puck in my bowl in very hot water, added a couple of drops to the puck, gave my brush a good squeeze and lathered up!
Didn't see a lot of lather on the brush, but got a lovely rich, smooth consistency on my face. Great shave, WTG and ATG and finished up with a smooth and moisturised end result!
Did not encounter any of the problems othes have had-possibly because the soap had softened slightly!

Good, good! It'll just get better and better as you get to know it ...
Or not - as the case may be. My puck needed hydrating so it's been flooded for the last couple of days and then excess drained off. This morning's lather - despite loading plenty - just disappeared quicker than I can shave.

I just don't understand this soap's inconsistency and wonder why I bother when there are so many better (and easier) alternatives.

MWF is Just a Poor Quality Soap..Haslinger..Well..A Different Story..This is what I was Led to Believe MWF was Like..:D

Billy
Funny that one.
I shall have to agree to differ with you on that one Billy.
Although Haslinger was better than many, I just couldn't get that it was all that good and didn't make the cut.
However I really like MWF and that did make the standard in my view.

For the first time been using MWF as part of cold water shaves. The shave was very refreshing in terms of the cold water and novelty; however, I have been very surprised with the soaps performance of the soap with cold water. Very well, as it turns out. I could appreciated the slickness and the shave was lovely and smooth :cool:

MWF is a great soap I've never had a problem with it, even dried out to the point of cracking. I know people have problems with it but only because of reading about it on forums.

I have never used it, but it most certainly is one of the most divisive shave products extant as it appears to bring out emotion in all who've tried it. :confused:

I am another who has had nothing but positive shaving experiences with MWF. I tend to use it more in the colder weather with hot water in my scuttle and plenty of warm lather for a shave. I particularly like the post shave feel it leaves

Back
Top Bottom