Feathers

Treb said:
I've read so much about Feathers being the sharpest razor blades I had to try them. So I bought some @ Connaught and after a few days they arrived. I just did my first shave with a Feather blade after having used Derby Extra, Merkur Super and Gillette SuperSilver blades. (BTW what's the deal with all the adjectives here? What a load of bollocks.) Indeed, a Feather blade is sharp, much sharper than the Derby blades I've used. The Merkur was rough, the Gillette pretty sharp too. But they don't compare well to the Feather. What a sharp blade and what a smooth shave did it give me with my Merkur 23C. Wow! I will have to see how many shaves I can do with a blade but Feather stands a good chance of becoming my razor blade of choice.

What's "bollocks" mate? Where are all the adjectives? You seem to imply that there is an overuse of them.

I remember having to "psyche" myself up to use them the first time around and I was very pleased with the shave that I obtained from them.

However, I have used them since and I know that if I am not fully "switched on" when shaving with them that they can raise the odd blood spot or two :)

As I have only just started using a DE razor, I was keen to try a different blade other than the free pack I was given when I bought my razor (Gillette 7 o clock Black pack).
Having read a few good reports on the feathers blades I thought I would dive straight in and give them a go and I have to say for my very first shave with them I'm impressed. I got a nice clean shave with only 2 passes and no cut's too so well impressed so far.
Just going to see how many shaves they last now?

I've got 30 Feathers along with a Connaught Standard blade sample pack. I won't be using the Feathers just yet though, until I get the shaving angle just right. And what I may do is mix 5 blades in with another 5 blades for a bit of rotation.

I thought I'd try one for the first time and my weapon of choice was a Thin Handle Tech (very mild razor).

Gave a good shave but I don't think (personally) they're worth the considerable price difference over a good Gillette blade.

I got some Feathers a while back with an order of cream.

Because I'm fairly new to DE shaving and with the reputation these blades seem to have here, I was holding them back until I felt I was ready.

I used one for the first time on Monday in my Merkur 38B - quite simply the best shave I have had so far. I'm still keen to try other recommended blades, but I'm quite sure Feathers will be one brand I'll be bulking up on once I get my sampler stash vastly reduced.

Back
Top Bottom