Feather Stainless Razor Review

I have been buying Custom made Japanese knives direct from Japan for years, and it doesn't surprise me in the least that when the Japanese turn their attentions to making a top of the range DE razor that it probably sets the bench mark for all DE razors, most of my knives from Japan are far more high end technically engineered than the Feather Razor, but I still want one so bad my head hurts.

Jamie

Great review by Audiolab, I just thought I would add my thoughts after the first two uses of this razor. Firstly I bought it because I am a Feather fan, I love there DE blades and I love the look of this razor. Having read this and many other reviews I decided on buying the razor, my first shave was good but I did not get the angle right all the time, and so I ended up with a bit of razor burn and a small weeper, despite this the shave was smooth. Today was much better as I managed to keep the right angle through the whole shave. I can understand why this razor gets mixed reviews as the angle of attack is very different to most of the other razors I have tried, and if you don't get it right, as with most razors, you don't get a comfortable shave.

Great review!

I took delivery of a Feather AS last week. So far so good but this is a very mild razor so getting the angles just right is important to avoid a patchy shave. A Merkur HD is more aggressive so I can get a quicker shave with it but the trade off can be some mild irritation which I do not get with the Feather.

Back
Top Bottom