Favourite Food

Food is my favourite :hungrig Almost all... I just don't like rabbits, hares, lamb... and stuff made from organs... I love Chinese, Indian, Italian, Hangarian, Slovak, food from the Balkan...main thing it should use loads of spices & garlic :D

Just thought of another. That ham I cooked for Christmas was gorgeous. Perfect on its own but we also had it with poached egg and hollandaise sauce on a muffin. Yum!!!

A "Full English" and a mug of steaming Tea and a Newspaper round me mum and dad's on a Sunday morning, just has the best taste and feel good factor for me (will explain that my parents lived abroad for 15 Years so i'm enjoying some of the quality time i missed out on ) :D :D :D ;)

Pig Cat said:
If we're talking down-to-earth food then a really good pork roast dinner with crackling is hard to beat. Also a home-made chilli with rice, tacos, guac etc. Oh, and bangers and mash. Sausages from our local butcher. Served with baked beans.

:hungrig

Now that's what I'm talking about. :hungrig

Or a home made curry :)

hunnymonster said:
antdad said:
+2 for pork belly with a brilliant fennel crust. Superb garlic mash and genius gravy.

Reading that back I felt like pillow tongue. :oops:

Shove your pillow tongue shite Fennel crust my arse!...

Pork belly, some sage, couple onions a little bit of water and into the oven for 3 hours at 140C. 45' blast at 220C and out to rest while I make the sage & onion gravy (with gravy salt not shitsto)

No vintage bullsamic for the gravy? :lol: Just winding you up Hunny, I don't disagree with your method, crushed fennel seeds are good though.

slash said:
cheese_dave said:
Fish, chips and curry sauce from "The Civic Plaice" [sic] in Wythenshawe.

:lol: Your not wrong crackin chippy that..
I like to watch the Chinese guy in the back rockin' boiled or fried rice in his wok, he's awesome.

I've never had better chips than I've had from that shop, even better than the award-winning Greek-owned "Top Of The Hill" chip shop near where I live in Sandbach. Great that someone else on here has experience "The Civic Plaice" though :hungrig

Back
Top Bottom