Favourite Food

Whats your favourite meal,no fancy shit but plain good old traditional grub..
Made toad in the hole last night and bloody hell it was good..lashings of thick gravy and mash :hungrig

If we're talking down-to-earth food then a really good pork roast dinner with crackling is hard to beat. Also a home-made chilli with rice, tacos, guac etc. Oh, and bangers and mash. Sausages from our local butcher. Served with baked beans.

But at the moment I seem to have acquired an addiction to Snickers. I need a cappuccino and a Snickers at least once a day. :shock: Then again we are on a real healthy kick the rest of the time so it's pretty much my one indulgence of the day.

Oh, and Fish and Chips eaten out the paper by the sea!! :hungrig

Pig Cat said:
If we're talking down-to-earth food then a really good pork roast dinner with crackling is hard to beat. Also a home-made chilli with rice, tacos, guac etc. Oh, and bangers and mash. Sausages from our local butcher. Served with baked beans.

But at the moment I seem to have acquired an addiction to Snickers. I need a cappuccino and a Snickers at least once a day. :shock: Then again we are on a real healthy kick the rest of the time so it's pretty much my one indulgence of the day.

Oh, and Fish and Chips eaten out the paper by the sea!! :hungrig

Can feel a trip to the magpie on the cards very soon :D Great fish and chips in a lovely place what could be better..

Pig Cat said:
If we're talking down-to-earth food then a really good pork roast dinner with crackling is hard to beat.

One slowly steam roasted pork belly with acres of crackling, proper sage & onion gravy, roasters, YP, etc is on the cards here for me & the boy (herself the veggie drooling at the smells emanating from the oven).

Reading that back I felt like Dervla Kirwan :hungrig

antdad said:
+2 for pork belly with a brilliant fennel crust. Superb garlic mash and genius gravy.

Reading that back I felt like pillow tongue. :oops:

Shove your pillow tongue shite Fennel crust my arse!...

Pork belly, some sage, couple onions a little bit of water and into the oven for 3 hours at 140C. 45' blast at 220C and out to rest while I make the sage & onion gravy (with gravy salt not shitsto)

A beef rib-roast joint does the trick for me. It's the joys of having a roast that tastes like steak, Wonderful. Either that or a Chateaubriand.

Im also a sucker for pork belly. BBQ'd strips of pork belly with the crackling left on.

Man I am so hungry

Back
Top Bottom