Favoured cake with tea ?

I've always think egg custard tarts look delicious, but sadly the eating has not lived up to the hype.

I don't drink a lot of tea but when I do it's usually because I've got a lovely chunk of victoria sponge cake. Do scones count as cake? If so I would also like to mention the Cream Tea.

antdad said:
I'm currantly liking the lightly fruited cake by M&S, which doesn't sound or look too fab but is quite delish.

Not tried that one, but you are quite correct, a light fruit cake is just the ticket! I make my own from a recipe I found ages ago on a "Delia" forum. I cannot find a copy online to link to I'm afraid, but it was one submitted to the site, not one of hers.

I can't find a link for the cake either.

I've been to his restaurant and eaten the tart, this is a custard tart... http://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/marcus-wareing-custard-tart-recipe

Whitefiver said:
antdad said:
I'm currantly liking the lightly fruited cake by M&S, which doesn't sound or look too fab but is quite delish.

Not tried that one, but you are quite correct, a light fruit cake is just the ticket! I make my own from a recipe I found ages ago on a "Delia" forum. I cannot find a copy online to link to I'm afraid, but it was one submitted to the site, not one of hers.

antdad said:
I can't find a link for the cake either.

Found it "Easy Farmhouse Fruit Cake"

Back
Top Bottom