Fatip piccolo,open comb delight!

Had my first go on this Bad boy! And its not called the Piccolo for nothing!

I was surprised how small it was, not a problem i have small hands and it scythed five days of

grey bristles with ease and speed, really smooth making a beautiful sound as she went, loaded with a new polsilver blade and some wonderful Valobra stick soap which i love too!
No skin irritation or niks and was really not taking my time with this razor, just 2 passes
and i was done, really close shave skin as smooth as ya like.

best shave ever great little razor i can see why they have this big following.

I have it on a glass shelf next to my Muhle R89 which is highly finished chrome, so it looks a bit dull and muted next to the silver machine, but i like it a bit rustic looking!

Have more fun in usage, it lets you know you are having a shave, a close one at that!

With a nice sound left in its slipstream, can't wait to use it again,

What blade anybody? i have used polsilver which was really smooth and close loved it,

got some voshkods sputniks,astras gillet blues!

Another admirer of the Piccolo, excellent smooth shaver, great balance, good feel through the fingertips and seems to amplify a blades characteristics. Blade alignment is good on mine. Plating and finishing could be better but does not impair performance.

What's the general consensus on the build quality? I must admit to being one of the biggest turn offs, shame really as a cheap as chips DE otherewise

Not great. The new ones seem to have solved some of the blade alignment issues, but the old ones still have it. To be honest, I didn't found this as a problem. I mean, I only have to get the blade in the right place every few days, when I replace it, and it only took me few seconds.
Overall build quality was not great. Mine got some chrome flakes falling down from the handle, and the bottom part of the handle felt like scrapping my hand.

Good razor, though. I got good, quick shaves with it, but I just liked my Futur more, so I sold the Fatip.

Back
Top Bottom