Face feels very tight after shaving

lloydedwards said:
You're wrong Boab. AS I'm only in fromt of the box tonight I thought I'd repeat what I haven't done for a while. I also remember shaving with Germaline many years ago! Better than nothing.
I've just shaved using Epiderm cream (similar to E45). A great shave.
Not so much fun - especially as there is no need for anything else. Just water, cream and razor.
It was a 3 week old feather blade - used every two days and stored in surgical spirit.
love'n'joy
Lloyd

Thanks for correcting me then.

It seems to all come down to moisturising.

I am using NIVEA After Shave Balm now when I shave which is normally in the evening, and am also using NIVEA Moisturiser once a day in the morning.

This seems to have really helped.

I have also just started using a little bit of Baby Oil on my face pre lathering up, and this seems to really help the razor glide across the skin.

I am now getting a closer shave, and less nicks or irritation, so not needing the Alum either.

Tonights shave was superb, very smooth, no nicks, and no dry face afterwards.

Thanks all for your suggestions, it has definitely helped me.

Sv: Face feels very tight after shaving

After my 3 passes i first rinse off the excess soap of my face with warm water.
Then i rinse with cold water to close the pores. Puts alum on my face, and while that's doing it's thing, I'll clean my brush ans razor.
After I'm done with that i rinse again with cold water and applies my aftershave balm.

If the alum didn't close my nicks, then i use a Danish product called DSB. Its made of aqua and aluminum chloride.
Stings like hell, but it have never failed me :)

Forgetting after shave moisturising, I thought I'd take a punt on the Truefitt & Hill No. 10 Moisturiser you can get in bigger boots stores.

So far it certainly fits the bill. It moisturises very well, it smells like a classic eau de cologne and it is non-greasy.

Top marks all round.

If i feal that i nead to use the Alum for small knicks i alweys wash my face with cold water then a good amount of shave balm to moistrise the skin.or as you said if i leave the Alum on my skin titens its the Alums job to stop the bleeding.

Back
Top Bottom