1,5 days growth

shower
selfmade preshave as usual
mild comb
arko ice mint cream (nice)
Plisson pour L'Ocitane brush
Schick(3)
Lotion Opaline AS

Training helps! The handling gets better, even under the nose I was les frightened and got a decent result.

Bunny did bite less at the neck this time - today on the left side, minor - but still.

2 pass shave as usual (with/cross and cross/against), some touch ups.

My skin is a bit stressed, though.

I think the closeness I could have reached (if not interrupted/hastened during the shave) with the mild comb would be about the same as with the notso comb, but I think the mild comb is more forgiving ;-)

Also when using more pressure on the handle, it is not so slippery. Just a matter of getting used to it.

3rd bunny shave
SOTD 28. June 2016

1,5 days growth

shower
selfmade preshave as usual
mild comb
arko ice mint cream (nice)
Plisson pour L'Ocitane brush
Schick(3)
Lotion Opaline AS

Training helps! The handling gets better, even under the nose I was les frightened and got a decent result.

Bunny did bite less at the neck this time - today on the left side, minor - but still.

2 pass shave as usual (with/cross and cross/against), some touch ups.

My skin is a bit stressed, though.

I think the closeness I could have reached (if not interrupted/hastened during the shave) with the mild comb would be about the same as with the notso comb, but I think the mild comb is more forgiving ;-)

Also when using more pressure on the handle, it is not so slippery. Just a matter of getting used to it.
It took me a while to find it again, but I'm using pretty much the same grip that richgem described on TSD in ↪this post
richgem said:
One other thing... I've "invented" a new grip which I found helpful for the bunny. It wasn't intentional, I swear. lol. But, here's how I found my grip just automatically happening: Pointer finger straight along the handle with the tip of my finger on the head or just below it on the neck. Other fingers wrapped loosely around the handle. Butt of the handle resting against my palm. Seems to work.
Index finger on the head works a treat for me as well. Great control and no slippery malarky. Worth a try.

WD20.30?
I've been trying to figure out how to make that with products available in the UK..
You cal always try this:

WD40-hero_zpsv25gbvsi.jpg

:p

All you need is a good rich facecream (organic daycream?) - my best result was with Lavera Basis sensitive soft creme, some good (organic) body oil, and an aftershave. Boots should have something suitable?!Superdrug? Amazon?
It's the face cream bit that I'm struggling with... I tried to read the ↪entire thread on the German gut-rasiert forum, but got confused. I might have to start a WD20.30 thread here. That home made pre-shave stuff is all the rage in Germany...

SOTD 30.June

mild comb
Schick(4)

preshave O4
Semogue 830
arko commando cream
Prince Sport A/S

Better shave than last time, with a pretty good result, the best yet.
No mentionable bloodloss.

Final thoughts:
As not beeing an injector expert, I would not recommend this as a beginner razor. For the experienced shaver it might be a good choice.
The razor I have shows a litte wear already. Little scratches and a big one on the handle, and the bronze clamp seems to tarnish (?). But as this beeing a prototype I do not give it a second thought.

With the appropirate skill acquired I think I could get outstanding shaves with the Bunny V3, and I think it's a very solid and practicle razor. The combs glide very good over the skin, the comb screw is good to use, so changing the combs is no problem (never do this over the sink). And the blade can be injected very easy.

A very well made injector razor imho!

Thanks for making it, Tom, and thx to Mike for lending it.

It is cleansed and desinfected, and will be sent to riverrhine tomorrow.

Aaaaannnnddddd.... The Bunny has arrived at River-Rhine

The list as it stands:
  • Macaronus (The Shave Room & The Shave Den)
  • MJClark (The Shave Room thread)
  • Nisse (The Shave Room thread)
  • Tjebbe (The Shave Den thread)
  • Marverel (The Shave Den thread)
  • Karsten (The Shave Room thread)
  • ChiefShaver (The Shave Den thread)
  • RSSO (The Shave Room thread)
  • Betriebsarzt13 (The Shave Room thread)
  • River-Rhine (The Shave Den thread)
  • Thalasos (The Shave Room thread)
  • DonnerJack (The Shave Room Thread)

=> The list is open, so if you want, you can still join in on the fun! <=

Legend:
waiting
on the way to
currently with
completed

Hey guys, sorry to bail at the last moments, but for sudden personal reasons that would require my full time I won't be able to participate. Thanks again for the opportunity, it's very generous. I'll just have to live it through your reports, or wait till it will arrive to market ;)

Hey guys, sorry to bail at the last moments, but for sudden personal reasons that would require my full time I won't be able to participate. Thanks again for the opportunity, it's very generous. I'll just have to live it through your reports, or wait till it will arrive to market ;)
Sorry to hear that, DonnerJack. :( Hope all is well! (or will be well soon!).

P.S. Drop me a line when you're ready. I've got some friends over here in The Netherlands and one in France who like to try the Bunny, so you can try it out later. ;)

BTW, @twhite510 : I'll post my friends's findings over here as well. One is my son and the other two (one Dutch and the Frenchie) don't speak a word English. :D

Sorry to hear that, DonnerJack. :( Hope all is well! (or will be well soon!).

P.S. Drop me a line when you're ready. I've got some friends over here in The Netherlands and one in France who like to try the Bunny, so you can try it out later. ;)

BTW, @twhite510 : I'll post my friends's findings over here as well. One is my son and the other two (one Dutch and the Frenchie) don't speak a word English. :D

Great. The more the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom