Closed European pass-around: Bunny V3

Hi guys. I'm a little late to the party, but can I join the fun?
Sure you can! Adding you to the list! :D

Macaronus (The Shave Room & The Shave Den)
MJClark (The Shave Room thread)
Nisse (The Shave Room thread)
Tjebbe (The Shave Den thread)
Marverel (The Shave Den thread)
Karsten (The Shave Room thread)
ChiefShaver (The Shave Den thread)
RSSO (The Shave Room thread)

Betriebsarzt13 (The Shave Room thread)
River-Rhine (The Shave Den thread)
Thalasos (The Shave Room thread)
DonnerJack (The Shave Room Thread)

=> The list is open, so if you want, you can still join in on the fun! <=

Legend:
waiting
on the way to
currently with
completed

It affects the overall presentation of the razor. I'd replace it.
Wouldn't it make more sense to send it to @Betriebsarzt13? There might be a lengthy delay while @RSSO waits for the replacement otherwise... Just a thought...
Agreed & agreed! :)

@RSSO : could you please forward @Betriebsarzt13 's address to @twhite510 ? Then he can send a new one to Betriebsarzt. Thanks!

[edit: I just saw Betriebsarzt's reply above. He already took care of that. Thanks all!]

Macaronus (The Shave Room & The Shave Den)
MJClark (The Shave Room thread)
Nisse (The Shave Room thread)
Tjebbe (The Shave Den thread)
Marverel (The Shave Den thread)
Karsten (The Shave Room thread)
ChiefShaver (The Shave Den thread)
RSSO (The Shave Room thread)

Betriebsarzt13 (The Shave Room thread)
River-Rhine (The Shave Den thread)
Thalasos (The Shave Room thread)
DonnerJack (The Shave Room Thread)

=> The list is open, so if you want, you can still join in on the fun! <=

Legend:
waiting
on the way to
currently with
completed

Bunny V3 SOTD 25.June

First bunny shave
Notso Comb
Schick (1)
Speick Man Soap
Plisson L'Occitane
Speick Man ASL

2 days growth mown away easily, feels smooth on the skin, very audible.

Angle found easily. But Bunnys can bite!

Nice balance, feels like head is a bit heavy, enables shaving without pressure.

I find the handle too slippery even when all is dried, due to dripping water from head during shave (blame my technique).

Issues with lower neck atg when not stretched properly (some bleeding, will require 1 day pause.)

Next shave will be same comb, gonna use a cream then.

Now, 14 hrs after the shave, I still feel well enough shaven for a night out ;-)

e6d6c8005e891252dad161cc2ae0e6da.jpg

Cheers, Olaf

My impressions about bunny.

Important thing to say is that I never used any injectors, have one SE (1912 Star) and never used DE.

Blade loading it is super easy done in no time, don't see why could anyone have problem with it.

Comb changing is easy bat I don't like that bolt , in my opinion it ruins beautiful look and lines of bunny.

Handle is just long enough didn't find it slippery.

Managed only three shave one with each comb, started with mild.
Wild comb is one that I liked the most.
Shaving angle is easy to find thanks to other reviews , photos and videos. I had trouble maintaining it bat that is because of my inexperience with injectors. Have one question about shaving angle is it possible to bent that bras thing that holds blade at such angle that corresponds to shaving angle, it would help a lot to find and maintain same angle. Enjoyed wherry much every shave with bunny , with slow movements and concentration it is DFS/BBS. One thing that Im not used to is rinsing after couple of strokes.

Final thoughts, bunny is beautiful efficient razor that I would like to have in my rotation.

Thanks again to @twhite510 for generosity and @Macaronus for organizing this pass around.

My impressions about bunny.

Important thing to say is that I never used any injectors, have one SE (1912 Star) and never used DE.

Blade loading it is super easy done in no time, don't see why could anyone have problem with it.

Comb changing is easy bat I don't like that bolt , in my opinion it ruins beautiful look and lines of bunny.

Handle is just long enough didn't find it slippery.

Managed only three shave one with each comb, started with mild.
Wild comb is one that I liked the most.
Shaving angle is easy to find thanks to other reviews , photos and videos. I had trouble maintaining it bat that is because of my inexperience with injectors. Have one question about shaving angle is it possible to bent that bras thing that holds blade at such angle that corresponds to shaving angle, it would help a lot to find and maintain same angle. Enjoyed wherry much every shave with bunny , with slow movements and concentration it is DFS/BBS. One thing that Im not used to is rinsing after couple of strokes.

Final thoughts, bunny is beautiful efficient razor that I would like to have in my rotation.

Thanks again to @twhite510 for generosity and @Macaronus for organizing this pass around.

Glad you liked your time with the Bunny. The Brass top spring position is a critical part of the shave geometry. The angle between the top spring and the comb is what gives the shave characteristics. Everything else about the razor is there for aesthetics. This is true for all razors.
I kept the handle straight for ease of machining.

Always glad to get feedback.

Have Fun
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bunny V3 shave No.2
SOTD 27.June 2016

2 days growth

notso Comb
Schick (2)
Proraso Aloe Shaving Creme
Plisson pour L'Occitane
Majestät AS

Shaves like a charm, but feels a bit too heavy on the head for good manouverability.

Bunny is still biting me at the neck even when used with increased concentration. Also head doesn't allow me an acceptable result under the nose.
After rinsing , water from the head drips to the handle, making it too slippery for my taste.

Conclusion: I need more bunny training:)

Next shave will be with mild comb.

Cheers, Olaf

Bunny V3 shave No.2
SOTD 27.June 2016

2 days growth

notso Comb
Schick (2)
Proraso Aloe Shaving Creme
Plisson pour L'Occitane
Majestät AS

Shaves like a charm, but feels a bit too heavy on the head for good manouverability.

Bunny is still biting me at the neck even when used with increased concentration. Also head doesn't allow me an acceptable result under the nose.
After rinsing , water from the head drips to the handle, making it too slippery for my taste.

Conclusion: I need more bunny training:)

Next shave will be with mild comb.

Cheers, Olaf
You need more Bunny training alright. I've had more than 20 Bunny shaves so far and let me tell you... it gets easier. :p
Remember to use no pressure and concentrate on the angle (that becomes second nature quickly). I have no problems under the nose, especially ATG as long as I remember to rinse the Bunny first, otherwise it shoves lather up my nostrils. Personally I find the handle grippy enough, but as with all razors (except for my Schick N3, which already has one) I wish there was the option for a rubber handle. (Rubber is the new stainless steel... so is carbon fibre)

Back
Top Bottom