Euro 2012

We did play poor in the second half and let 2 sloppy goals in within 10 minutes but we got the result we needed bringing walcott on for milner made the difference he scored a cracker and then set up welbeck for the winner. as for the talk of facing spain next round im not so sure about that if croatia were to beat spain which wouldn't be impossible as they are a good team and have played well so far and italy hammer ireland then spain are out..

Well done RB.

So we England fans have at least one more night of suffering. Little point in commenting. We scored, they didn't and the French lost.

The class act of the day was Frankel winning at Ascot. A bit like Bolt winning the 100 metres in under 9 seconds, 30 metres ahead of the rest.

If you get the chance, watch his next race.

Most Improved was backed by a punter at 9-1. £20,000 each way.
It won.

My last bet was on a 9-1 shot. £2 each way.
It lost. Still running.

Fido said:
The class act of the day was Frankel winning at Ascot. A bit like Bolt winning the 100 metres in under 9 seconds, 30 metres ahead of the rest.

If you get the chance, watch his next race.

Watched him run yesterday and what a power-packed beast he is.

Simply stunning.

antdad said:
14 - 1 Italy each way

:icon_razz::icon_razz:

Ive been lucky, had two bets and both came in (Ingeerland on an accumulator)so all this months acquisitions have been covered and a little left over for a trip up Mayfair.

We may well be in for a very harsh lesson on the very basics of holding, passing and manipulating the ball this Sunday. Hope im wrong but no more betting for me.

antdad said:
Not sure about that, it'll be very very tight for sure. Just odd watching England playing catenaccio against Italy.

Especially after the Italian's learned that that method failed them all to often outside of Serie A, but we seem to have stumbled through:icon_rolleyes: mind we are never going to reach zona mista in my life time.

Yes I suppose Italy do play semi zona mista in a way, three at the back including sweeper with a deep lying play maker (Pirlo) and attacking fullbacks.

Styles makes fights and Hodgson is well versed in Italian ways, we'll see.

Loewe's got Germany looking rather tasty these days. I was dead impressed with Reus last night and Schweinsteiger and Khedira are a class act. I love watching Germany, Spain, Croatia etc these days. It's intelligent football - full of passing and movement, using controlled possession to play progressively. England these days set up rigidly and obstructively (much like Liverpool under Hodgson) but then, I suppose, defensive sides often do well in cup competitions.

Tut tut.
Play for penalties against a team of flair players and you are gonna lose.
I would rather have a go and concede twice in extra time than go for penalties and lose........again.
When will we learn?

As a non football supporter and neutral i did watch the game, and in all honesty scrached my head in amazment that England even got to penalties, it should have been at least 3 nil to Italy, and they were totally superior technically ib all departments, and the only time England looked at all threatening were from free kicks on the edge of the box, if England would have won that game it would have been a bigger robbery than the Brinks matt.

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom