Erasmic Owned by Godrej

Blyth Spirit said:
I bought a 75g bowl today at Savers. £2.19. It seems to be the same formula as the Erasmic Supreme stick.

It dished up a very good lather, ergo shave; it seemed much better than the old formula but I preferred the old school scent of the former.

For fun I also acquired a tube of both Erasmic and Supermax creams.

Thank's David.

D. :D

ajh101 said:
How can we differentiate between old and new recipes please?

As Blyth Spirit pointed out, they are the same. But if you look at their website you can see the packaging is different to the older style used.

Sezer74 said:
erasmic owned by godrej, Jaguar owned by tata. what's next?

It's the start of things to come I guess. Whoever had the idea that the UK can become a nation of office clerks and managers were fools.

I enjoy watching TED video's and the video of Master Card's CEO, Ajay Banga was interesting. He said something that I thought was quite funny. Maybe a little out of context but he said, when it comes to doing business, India rolls out the red tape, where the rest of the world rolls out the red carpet.

Fox said:
Sezer74 said:
erasmic owned by godrej, Jaguar owned by tata. what's next?

It's the start of things to come I guess. Whoever had the idea that the UK can become a nation of office clerks and managers were fools.

I enjoy watching TED video's and the video of Master Card's CEO, Ajay Banga was interesting. He said something that I thought was quite funny. Maybe a little out of context but he said, when it comes to doing business, India rolls out the red tape, where the rest of the world rolls out the red carpet.

I see his point and agree with what he says, I never worked in an office environment but I can imagine the tons of paperwork and bureaucracy can be a major set back

From a bit of research and a previous email, yes the company is part of Godrej but the Supreme line was discontinued but not the traditional items (yet) . It is not reflecting on the web site as they are going trough a change at the mom. I nominate their bowl as the most understated shaving soap in the world, it's smells good, it's a fantastic performer and very cheap. They will make a mint selling this in the US.

Yes their bowl is a fantastic product and I can say its the best Glycerin based soap I ever tried, and yes it smells very good, and I think they should make a cheap A/S splash to match that.
In my opinion the items needs to be Improved (Not Discontiniued) firstly the Shave stick and a better Quality Brush, why can't they make or re-brand(I don't like and agree with re-branding) a boar brush on similar quality as Semouge or Omega?? If I am not wrong, their brush was £3.50?? I don't mind paying £5.50 and get a better boar brush and I think that's achievable for a company like Erasmic.

I agree but they should also introduce their own Indian soap here in the UK, that stuff is even better than Erasmic and much cheaper! It may well be their entry to the UK and US markets with it?

Fox said:
I agree but they should also introduce their own Indian soap here in the UK, that stuff is even better than Erasmic and much cheaper! It may well be their entry to the UK and US markets with it?

Is this the round puck in a box similar to Williams?? roughly same size? if so I saw that on e-bay and wondered if its any good.
Lets face it, anything produced in India will be much cheaper then their counterparts produced in Europe and North America. But more then the price its the formula/quality. It can be a 75g Puck in a modest box say £3.00 but not good like Wilkinson bowl/Erasmic stick, on the other hand £4.00 and a proper nice soap easy to lather say like Arko stick or Erasmic Bowl. In this day and age no one will go for the crappy soap because its a pound cheaper.

Sezer74 said:
Fox said:

In this day and age no one will go for the crappy soap because its a pound cheaper.
Why else would you buy Erasmic bowl? :icon_razz:

Yes the little Godrej pucks on ebay, very much an underrated soap IMO.

The Erasmic bowl is a great bargain. The fact you can get on the high street as well makes it even better (and grab some Aquatonic and Hai Karate as well all for change from a tenner - nice).

I wonder how long erasmic will be available readily on the high street, if taken over depending on the company's demands like many things it may only be possible for supermarkets or large independents to purchase these goods not your single branch pharmacy. Think we may buy in a few pots of old stock just in case.

Back
Top Bottom