English Artisan Soaps?

I don't understand why people keep talking about P&B and Wickhams, they are both extremely mediocre soaps. European soaps, specially Italian soaps/ croaps are what you should be trying.

I don't understand why people keep talking about P&B and Wickhams, they are both extremely mediocre soaps. European soaps, specially Italian soaps/ croaps are what you should be trying.
I think that P&B and Wickhams generate a lot of positive comments as many people think they are first class soaps - me included. I am also very happy to accept that there are many other excellent soaps.

Errrr yeah so Nanny's yea that lady sure makes some cool soaps. I don't really like the tallow stuff so much (not liking animal products that much) that she doing now like Phoenix and Beau but her Signature soaps are really tops. I don't hate Phoenix and Beau and I have had their stuff before but it is too thick and gooey in the lather and glogs up my multi blades like the Quattro and Fusion though a Gilette Sensor Excel is gud and their guvnor can conjure some good smells.

@Arun ur call fella but P&B is a crope stuff. I tried that TFS soap from Italy that smells like Marzipan which is a crope and of course prorasso and they aint as good as the Brit Artisan stuff. Not tried the really expensive Italian stuff like (Mod Edit - Saponificio Varesino) or whatever it is called (let alone that French stuff that is about £40)yet but no hurry too wiv weak pound, high p&p and good quality home grown stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's interesting that you use multi blade carts Hosster, as I'd guess ( got to guess, I have no stats ) that most of us use DE or SE bladed razors. Which is possibly a contributory cause as to so many happy users of P & B compared to your own experiences with multi blades.

JohnnyO. o/

Errrr yeah so Nanny's yea that lady sure makes some cool soaps. I don't really like the tallow stuff so much (not liking animal products that much) that she doing now like Phoenix and Beau but her Signature soaps are really tops.
What changed your mind? In your first post on Friday, you were really liking the tallow in OSP.

P&B I find to be a very good lathering soap. OSP has a slight edge on it in lather but I prefer the P&B scents in general.

Wickhams I've tried the Russian Leather and the lather was impressive but the Imperial Leather soap scent isn't a goer for me personally. I have their Cashmere to try still.

I personally don't find these soap mediocre but would be willing to try a suggested soap that is classed as vastly superior if anyone is going to put one forward (as long as its of a reasonable price)

@Burry I dunno.... OSP is less gloopy than P&B. I did not know Tallow was Cow stuff on Friday. It was a present: I asked Hossyhossygal to get it for my birthday coz I wanted to try the Bay Rum. I drink a lot of Rum in Belize. I thought it was a wax product. This the bloomin' Spanish Inquisition?

@Burry I dunno.... OSP is less gloopy than P&B. I did not know Tallow was Cow stuff on Friday. It was a present: I asked Hossyhossygal to get it for my birthday coz I wanted to try the Bay Rum. I drink a lot of Rum in Belize. I thought it was a wax product. This the bloomin' Spanish Inquisition?

If you're finding P&B gloopy, you might want to try adding some water. They are very honest when they say it's a thirsty soap!

Wow... you need to recommend me some soaps! If you got some suds which make those guys seem average, I gotta try! I had some of that Martin De Candre stuff a while ago, which was nice, but always welcome to suggestions!

With good makers in the UK like Sharon at Nanny's, Darron the Fox at Wickham's and Kerry at Phoenix and Beau I don't need to pay more for foreign stuff good as they may be. Some of those Italian and French soaps are expensive too. I tried a nice soap in the newbie box called Fredricsson's. Never heard of it and can't seem to locate it now.

With good makers in the UK like Sharon at Nanny's, Darron the Fox at Wickham's and Kerry at Phoenix and Beau I don't need to pay more for foreign stuff good as they may be. Some of those Italian and French soaps are expensive too. I tried a nice soap in the newbie box called Fredricsson's. Never heard of it and can't seem to locate it now.

Fredricsson's is available on eBay

Back
Top Bottom