Edwin Jagger DE.87 Review

Re: Edwin Jagger DE.87

fozz77 said:
hunnymonster said:
fozz77 said:
time for a pint me thinks.. :roll:

Nah, have a bacon buttie.... with black pudding & flat sausage (mine's a Braveheart - with haggis through the middle) in and a (20oz Imperial) pint :D

Nice one HM...count me in. I recently found a half decent beer here. Samual Adams Imperial White, 10.4% alc. After 8 long necks i was singing with the dog in the back yard. Well thats what SWMBO said the next day. :lol:

0h that Houston Fozz, thought you were imbibing on the outskirts of Paisley, less banditos where you are mind ;)

OK HM, I've mentioned another Caledonian outpost, it's over to you! :roll:

You will not regret the purchase. I've a DE86, one of the first before the bottom plate was changed, and it puts my other DEs in the retirement home. I've always been impressed with the EJ products quality fit and finish.

I do have another handle on order for the razor from Cooncat Bob, one of his Bull Mastiff Deluxe creations (Cooncat is on B&B and SMF so I'm sure several of you know of his products). We shall see how the balance changes with the additional weight.

I bought a DE87 and sold my Gillette HD Rocket . . . and my Feather Artist Club(!)

I saw a Black Edwin Jagger De 86 today for £20 .

I assume it is VERY similar to the ivory EJ? I prefer black to ivory.

can anyone confirm how many 'turns' you have to do to get the head nice and tight? It was quite a lot on the black DE 86 that I had a look at. I'm use to only a few turns on a Gillette Ball-end Tech, which has never come loose for me.

Also the head on the De 86 looked very similar to the merkur HD. Is that correct?

I was looking for a mild razor for my tough, dense beard as I'm loving the mild razor + Sharp blade (feather or swede) combo. Admittedly I haven't gone ATG with the Gillette Ball-end tech yet but for ATG and XTG it is proving to be very good.

I'm intridgued by this new EJ razor but get the feeling it#s not that different from a merkur HD ...

Many thanks guys

sj184 said:
I saw a Black Edwin Jagger De 86 today for £20 .

I assume it is VERY similar to the ivory EJ? I prefer black to ivory.

The color is the only difference as afaik They are £20 to buy new (not sure if you're looking at a new or used one) from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com</a><!-- m -->

sj184 said:
can anyone confirm how many 'turns' you have to do to get the head nice and tight? It was quite a lot on the black DE 86 that I had a look at. I'm use to only a few turns on a Gillette Ball-end Tech, which has never come loose for me.
I have a DE87 can't say the number of turns to tighten it .

sj184 said:
Also the head on the De 86 looked very similar to the merkur HD. Is that correct?

I was looking for a mild razor for my tough, dense beard as I'm loving the mild razor + Sharp blade (feather or swede) combo. Admittedly I haven't gone ATG with the Gillette Ball-end tech yet but for ATG and XTG it is proving to be very good.

I'm intridgued by this new EJ razor but get the feeling it#s not that different from a merkur HD ...

Many thanks guys

the head is Muhle not sure what merkur use.

sj184 said:
It takes thirteen full rotations to unscrew the head of my EJ89L - hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom