Ebay warning..

Listed me father-in-laws car on the bay a few weeks back as it failed its mot..Found out today someone insured it and is now claiming for 5 people in car injured.. :eek: So just a word of warning if listing a vehicle on the bay dont show the reg number...

slash said:
Listed me father-in-laws car on the bay a few weeks back as it failed its mot..Found out today someone insured it and is now claiming for 5 people in car injured.. :eek: So just a word of warning if listing a vehicle on the bay dont show the reg number...

It winds me up the things that people do nowadays.....it's despicable

Slightly different but.......

My Mum 65 and Dad 71 were shopping in Tesco last year, (someone with an Irish accent that you may well find living in a Caravan *** no disrespect to any of our Irish members*** but you all know who i'm talking about) distracted my Dad while someone lifted my Mum’s purse out of her bag, she didn't realise until they went to pay at the checkout half an hour later...in that 30 mins they had gone 3 miles up the road and spent £780 pounds on IPods, clothes, cameras, etc (so much for chip and pin !!!) as they were all done with a signature.

Fortunately I convinced my Mum and Dad to change the account in NatWest and the new account came with theft and fraud prevention cover and was refunded.....

little b******s !!, we asked to view the CCTV footage from Tesco, but Tesco (even though they have Cameras in all areas) don't have the Cameras recording in areas that have low value grocery items in them AS IT COSTS TOO MUCH MONEY !!!! TESCO FFS !!!, and the thieves know this as the Security Manager told us it's a common way to steal from people in the Stores !!

Steve

Chip and pin has been found to be complete bobbins as far as security is concerned - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/7215920/Chip-and-pin-card-readers-fundamentally-flawed.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/scie ... lawed.html</a><!-- m -->
Thing is, regardless of how complex the security on something is there's always a guy on the make who is smarter - and it only ever takes 1.

Only real protection you have is to not carry a credit card - use only a debit card and make sure you. have theft protection.
(That said , i like the fact that most banks will now contact you if they spot dodgy transaction activity. We have to inform our bank before we go on holiday so it doesn't trip the filters)

slash said:

Could also get parking fines, congestion charges ,stolen fuel etc ; A car or cars with similar make,model colour with cloned number plates could be out there . I hope not .

Did everything i could, car had no mot or insurance and was still on my drive when this is supposed to of happened.. :?

Damian Murphy said:
Could also get parking fines, congestion charges ,stolen fuel etc ; A car or cars with similar make,model colour with cloned number plates could be out there . I hope not .

Now.........there you go.......Slash........don't that just cheer you up no end mate....................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attero said:
Only real protection you have is to not carry a credit card - use only a debit card and make sure you. have theft protection.
(That said , i like the fact that most banks will now contact you if they spot dodgy transaction activity. We have to inform our bank before we go on holiday so it doesn't trip the filters)

I'd rather carry a credit card where the fraudster is FOing with the bank's money rather than mine... plus the fraud protection on most CCs is better than on debit cards... as for informing the bank of trips abroad, it's especially 'fun' when you get a phone call while you're on a business trip in Singapore because you're using the card (and get to pay the roaming part of the call) and the other half is using her card back at home - even though you let them know you were going...

sunburyboy93 said:
Damian Murphy said:

Now.........there you go.......Slash........don't that just cheer you up no end mate....................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry to be so alarmist , but there are some really despicable people out there.

I agree, it's awful really. Just this week I noticed £27 had disappeared from my Paypal account. Some con-artist had persuaded me to part with it for a bit of hair on a stick. :evil: Yes it turned up within 24 hours. Yes it was packaged nicely with a personal note inside, but <hurh!!> the cheek of these people! :roll:

Pig Cat said:
I agree, it's awful really. Just this week I noticed £27 had disappeared from my Paypal account. Some con-artist had persuaded me to part with it for a bit of hair on a stick. :evil: Yes it turned up within 24 hours. Yes it was packaged nicely with a personal note inside, but <hurh!!> the cheek of these people! :roll:

Weird that happened to me as well... :D

slash said:
Pig Cat said:

Weird that happened to me as well... :D

Time some of these people were bloody caught then, is there a reward ? ;)

Fido.jpg

Back
Top Bottom