Ebay item blocking

Hi All,
Has anyone else had an issue with certain products listed under health/beauty on Ebay being blocked? This is apparently down to a French court ruling, and is especially annoying as it means that a lot of shaving related listings are blocked for me. Does anyone know a way around this problem?I am in the UK using ebay.co.uk by the way.
Thanks in advance,
Alex

asainsbury13 said:
Hi All,
Has anyone else had an issue with certain products listed under health/beauty on Ebay being blocked? This is apparently down to a French court ruling, and is especially annoying as it means that a lot of shaving related listings are blocked for me. Does anyone know a way around this problem?I am in the UK using ebay.co.uk by the way.
Thanks in advance,
Alex
Yup, I'm in the same boat, it's blocked with a big red message, Some things are blocked for me from eBay, I edit the URL from .fr to .co.uk, usually works.
What provider are you using?

Cheers,

Max

Not seen that just had a look and it all seems normal to me.

Could it be the ISP filtering things or making it seem like you are in France? If you look on <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://whatismyipaddress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://whatismyipaddress.com/</a><!-- m --> it will show where your IP appears to be geographically.

Do you any item numbers for things that are blocked for you and I'll see if they are for me also.

If the error is coming directly from ebay as far as individual items...OR is it the web address..if its the web address..then its your ISP..try clearing your browsers history and cache..then restart your machine..also try getting something to "fix" software issues like System Care Free..I use this on MANY clients machines and my own as well!..

Good Luck!
Blades

I get the same thing if I access through my mobile phone (Via Virgin GPRS) but not if I access from home on my home PC (also on Virgin).
But I am blocked if I use my 3 mobile broadband up at the caravan.

Puzzling.

If you are in the UK & getting the message it's almost certainly because your ISP is either using a range of IP addresses blagged from France (Orange/Wanadoo/Freeserve are noted for this behaviour, as were AOL) or is using a gateway in France for all it's traffic (this is a new wheeze which may or may not sidestep the Digital Economy Act depending on the opinion you seek...)

Thanks guys, it is an error directly from ebay as mentioned before. I will check the IP now. I am on virgin media as an ISP

EDIT: The IP is consistent with my address. Most odd.
An example of a problem item is this one
Another edit: Have tried listings on a variety of ebay sites (.com/.de/co.uk/.fr etc) and had no luck on any.

is this the error you get?:

iLGeAl.jpg

Max

asainsbury13 said:
Thanks guys, it is an error directly from ebay as mentioned before. I will check the IP now. I am on virgin media as an ISP

EDIT: The IP is consistent with my address. Most odd.
An example of a problem item is this one
Another edit: Have tried listings on a variety of ebay sites (.com/.de/co.uk/.fr etc) and had no luck on any.

That is weird as I have that ad saved in my summary for some time now with no problems at all??

I have never encountered that error, your link works fine for me. Sometimes I have to tick the worldwide option and others I will go to the .de or .fr site and search if looking for something specific but never had a block like that.

Back
Top Bottom