Dr Who

moodymick said:
It's all a load of cobblers anyway, they should never have brought it back - they should have brought back 'The Tomorrow People' instead!!

God (-yes son?), i loved that theme music - now, *adopts legs wide man at C&A stance* where's my belt with that fancy buckle! :D

The original 1970's series or the 1992 version ? :ugeek:

I'm a sci-fi nerd , what can I say . Please don't mock me :ugeek: :oops:

"Crap" is a swear word? Aw f**k.

I read something once in Philip Yancey's pretty-good-read of a book "What's So Amazing About Grace?". This came out of it:

A favourite sermon of Tony Campolo is to talk of the world's poor, their exploitation, that millions are starving, and in summary that no-one gives a shit. As he predicts, and so far has not been proven wrong, more concern is expressed over the use of the word 'shit' than that millions are starving. What does this say of the state of today's Church, of those 'Christians' who fail to understand the message of their Lord, who at the very least lack grace?

Something for our Christian members (myself included) to think upon...

cheese_dave said:
He looks about 12.

He looks a like a student. What I have seen so far (ie-a shitload of repeated trailers) I'm not impressed.

To be honest, I started losing faith when "Donna Noble" took the place of "Martha Jones" - wtf was that about?.......

Oh yeah, ratings.

Ian

It's the only time my daughter ever watches telly now - she loves Dr Who. She got into it when she was 5, and it's great. A real Dad & daughter event where I can relive my childhood & she and I can discuss the plots & monsters 'til the cows come home. I had to borrow the Eccleston Who box-set so she could catch up, plus the initial Tennant ones that were on before she got interested - then I started renting the old Pertwee & Baker-era Who DVDs andf she loved them too. (Strange how kids still don't find the wobbly old sets & bubble-wrap monsters to be terribly unrealistic, even against the amazing CGI they're used to now).

Shared experiences like this with your kids are a complete joy. Thank goodness she doesn't like High School Musical or any of that mince, as I doubt that we could share an interest in that!

I still like the old wobbly sets , and I think its traditional for the Doctor to be a bit "over the top" acting wise .
Blakes 7 was another favourite , space 1999 , UFO

lagaffe said:
It's the only time my daughter ever watches telly now - she loves Dr Who. She got into it when she was 5, and it's great. A real Dad & daughter event where I can relive my childhood & she and I can discuss the plots & monsters 'til the cows come home. I had to borrow the Eccleston Who box-set so she could catch up, plus the initial Tennant ones that were on before she got interested - then I started renting the old Pertwee & Baker-era Who DVDs andf she loved them too. (Strange how kids still don't find the wobbly old sets & bubble-wrap monsters to be terribly unrealistic, even against the amazing CGI they're used to now).

Shared experiences like this with your kids are a complete joy. Thank goodness she doesn't like High School Musical or any of that mince, as I doubt that we could share an interest in that!

I remember my daughter Zilla, insisting on me reading an Asterix book to her when she was 5 on a Christmas day. I became an instant fan. 30 years later I have a collection approaching 40 and still read one on Christmas day. It became a favourite present for the kids to give me. Whatever it was, it got borrowed a lot.

I was +1 but The Who were +11 and woke me up.

Which was a feat in itself as I used to hit the bottle hard back then...as soon as I woke I needed a hit, that white powder is pretty addictive.

istockphoto_9676499-baby-milk-formula.jpg

I can remember writing a story about the Silurians when I was in primary school. That episode was broadcast in early 1970 so I would have been 6 and a half. Now they scared the crap out of me.

Back
Top Bottom