Dovo straight "shave ready"

It's only £20 to hone a straight give or take a few quid so it doesn't matter to people like me and the non honers surly? Yes it's an extra cost but a small one in the grand scheme of things?
Agreed.I touch up my own razors with finishing hones but I will be sending my custom razor back to the guy who made it when the time comes.

Hello every one.

Sorry but my dovo work perfect.

10 months now with only stropping. Stropping is very critical, you can dull the age very easily

If you are not carful.
The Dovo that @Aaron Bought from a UK Vendor wasn't any Sharper than a Pocket Knife..His Particular SR wasn't Sharpened from the Factory or the Vendor & that's What this Thread is about..:cool:

I Can Tell You that for a Fact as I Have it in My Hands..The Edge is Showing Early Signs of Micro Corrosion as Well Under the Lens which is Neither here Nor there..But..This One Like another I was sent recently Does Require taken Onto the Bevel 1 K Stone..;)

The Point is..A Lot of Vendors are Clearly Selling Dovo SRs as Shave Ready when they are Not..There is No Question about that..That is Not a Criticism of Dovo SRs..Its a Criticism of the Vendors that are Selling them as Shave Ready when Some at Least are Clearly Not..:eek:

A Lot of Beginners are Buying them because they Quite Rightly think they are Getting a Safe Bet Shave Ready SR as Advertised..I Cant Speak for You're Particular Dovo..It May have been Sharpened from the Factory..The Vendor You Bought it from May have Honed it..I Dunno..:D

Billy

Last edited:
The Dovo that @Aaron Bought from a UK Vendor wasn't any Sharper than a Pocket Knife..His Particular SR wasn't Sharpened from the Factory & that's What this Thread is about..:cool:

I Can Tell You that for a Fact as I Have it in My Hands..The Edge is Showing Early Signs of Micro Corrosion as Well Under the Lens which is Neither here Nor there..But..This One Like another I was sent recently Does Require taken Onto the Bevel 1 K Stone..;)

The Point is..A Lot of Vendors are Clearly Selling Dovo SRs as Shave Ready when they are Not..There is No Question about that..That is Not a Criticism of Dovo SRs..Its a Criticism of the Vendors that are Selling them as Shave Ready when Some at Least are Clearly Not..:eek:

A Lot of Beginners are Buying them because they Quite Rightly think they are Getting a Safe Bet Shave Ready SR as Advertised..I Cant Speak for You're Particular Dovo..It May have been Sharpened form the Factory..The Vendor You Bought it from May have Honed it..I Dunno..:D

Billy
Post some pictures once its done Billy if the owner doesn't mind.

Im ok with pictures being posted. I think that would be great for the thread as well as seeing what a great job Billy does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're Dovo will be an Excellent Shaver..I Took it onto the 1 K Naniwa Bevel Hone..It Shaves from that Stone..I Test Shaved it Straight from that 1 K Stone & its Not even Touched the Progression Yet..:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom