do you use a moisturiser

I do use a balm. Currently nivia ASB. But even with that I am still getting that stiff dried out feeling on my face. I do much prefer the summer months
Actually Nivea ASB is the one ASB that I don't like; it stings and leaves my skin feeling sticky. There's a wide selection of ASBs to try. My favourites are L'Occitane (posh scent, luxurious), Dove (thicker), Trumpers Skin Food sandalwood (thin glycerine coat), Crabtree & Evelynn (thick, luxurious and conditioning)

When my skin is in need I usually reach for Clinique Moisturising Lotion. Very effective, absorbs quickly and does not leave any greasy or oily residue. Malin+Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer is another good one.

When my skin is in need I usually reach for Clinique Moisturising Lotion. Very effective, absorbs quickly and does not leave any greasy or oily residue. Malin+Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer is another good one.

Yeah, Clinique is my favourite too, although I suspect Nivea is better value, given the price difference.

The odd thing is that I find most of the dedicated ASBs from cream/soap manufacturers to be rubbish. Either sting (due to alcohol content), way too greasy or sticky or simply leave your skin feeling as if you hadn't used a product at all.

I use Thayers witch hazel, an aftershave balm and to finish Nivea Hydro gel moisture.

I rate Nivea ASB and used it for years. Like yourself, since moving to DE shaving I've been trying different brands and products.
The best aftershave balms I've tried are Dove sensitive and Myrsol emulsion.

I've also tried aftershaves for the first time in decades and really like the face feel afterwards. My favorite is Fine's Platinum.

OK now on to moisturisers (got there in the end).
I've tried a few moisturising creams but always found them too be greasy.
Last year someone bought me the Nivea Hydro Gel and I loved it. It absorbs into the skin and doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy or sticky. Well worth trying plus it lasts ages as you don't need to used very much.
Here's a link: http://m.boots.com/h5/cat_hub?unCountry=uk&path=/en/NIVEA-MEN-Sensitive-Hydro-gel-50ml_1190156/

I use Thayers witch hazel, an aftershave balm and to finish Nivea Hydro gel moisture.

I rate Nivea ASB and used it for years. Like yourself, since moving to DE shaving I've been trying different brands and products.
The best aftershave balms I've tried are Dove sensitive and Myrsol emulsion.

I've also tried aftershaves for the first time in decades and really like the face feel afterwards. My favorite is Fine's Platinum.

OK now on to moisturisers (got there in the end).
I've tried a few moisturising creams but always found them too be greasy.
Last year someone bought me the Nivea Hydro Gel and I loved it. It absorbs into the skin and doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy or sticky. Well worth trying plus it lasts ages as you don't need to used very much.
Here's a link: http://m.boots.com/h5/cat_hub?unCountry=uk&path=/en/NIVEA-MEN-Sensitive-Hydro-gel-50ml_1190156/
I like the Fine aftershaves too, particularly Platinum and American Blend. The Razorock ones are good too.

Like you, I've started using them recently, instead of EDT for work. I find that they do make a difference and have decent staying power too, which lasts most of the day on me.

I've learnt loads since joining, I didn't really know the difference between EDT and AS before is an example of that.

I like the Fine aftershaves too, particularly Platinum and American Blend. The Razorock ones are good too.

Like you, I've started using them recently, instead of EDT for work. I find that they do make a difference and have decent staying power too, which lasts most of the day on me.

I've learnt loads since joining, I didn't really know the difference between EDT and AS before is an example of that.

Have you tried the 'XXX' Razorock? I'm tempted with that one. (If memory serves) does it smell like Aqua Di Parma?

Have you tried the 'XXX' Razorock? I'm tempted with that one. (If memory serves) does it smell like Aqua Di Parma?
Yes, I've got the XXX. I wasn't sure at first as, but really like it now. It's supposed to be based on Aqua Di Parma, but I'm afraid I've not smelt it before so I can't confirm.

I know you're partial to a purchase or two, so I don't think you can go wrong at £12 or whatever it was. While you're at it, there's a matching soap too...

Yes, I've got the XXX. I wasn't sure at first as, but really like it now. It's supposed to be based on Aqua Di Parma, but I'm afraid I've not smelt it before so I can't confirm.

I know you're partial to a purchase or two, so I don't think you can go wrong at £12 or whatever it was. While you're at it, there's a matching soap too...

Laffin! Is one getting a reputation?;):p

I'll give it a go, cheers.

I use Nivea Replenishing After Shave Balm most days and this is usually enough. I have oily skin and as I age I am finding my skin needs some extra moisturising especially in winter and have tried Bulldog Moisturiser which does not feel tacky after application. Nivea men creme is another one I have used.

Even when I use an alcohol based lotion I will still use the Nivea Balm or a moisturiser after shaving.

I suffer from quite dry skin and have always had to moisturise for as long as I can remember.

Astral or Nivea do the trick for me. Quite heavy but v moisturising. Think Astral has a bit of lanolin in it.

An asb isn't moisturising enough on its own for me.

Back
Top Bottom