Disaster struck

Just a quick update. Had my first shave today with my progress (on a 2 setting) Gillette green and TOBS peppermint cream followed by Proraso protective balm. All went well, I was very light pressure wise and tood oodles of time. maybe 3.5 passes in total. Hazzah, a few more days of calmness before I launch back into the ATT S1.

Well, tried the S1 again today. Used Myrsol Emulsion pre shave TOOBS peppermint and a massive thanks to Driftwood for some Rapira blades (amongst others) so put one in ending with Myrsol Emulsion. Result following 2.5 passes BBS, well I think we are back in business, with no razor burn at all. TOP DOLLAR. I can't wait to test the other blades too. with time I think the S1 will be my daily if all goes well!

...it is easy to get loads of billowing, fluffy, but quite useless, lather out of MWF. it takes a bit of practice to get it spot on., don't let it set you back though, keep going.
I agree. A person can gets mounds of lather from MWF, that looks great, but is very lacking. When you have trouble painting on a layer of lather that is more than 2 cm thick, you've got enough water in the mix. It's quite slick and protective at that point, even if it doesn't look very impressive.

Well, tried the S1 again today. Used Myrsol Emulsion pre shave TOOBS peppermint and a massive thanks to Driftwood for some Rapira blades (amongst others) so put one in ending with Myrsol Emulsion. Result following 2.5 passes BBS, well I think we are back in business, with no razor burn at all. TOP DOLLAR. I can't wait to test the other blades too. with time I think the S1 will be my daily if all goes well!

Glad to hear they're working for you....but don't throw out the sudocream just yet

Back
Top Bottom