Disaster struck

well, my first shave using MWF soap which had great lather (normally use TOBS creams) and my ATT S1 with a Gillette 7 o'clock green (Astra blades are my usual blades). Normal pre shave prep. Post shave, razor burn under my nose area and a few spots on either side of my mouth. First time this has happened to me and am well miffed. Only been using the S1 about 8 times so far. Just wanted to vent my spleen a bit with folks that would understand. Currently have a white moustache from sudocream (the only funny thing about this experience). It does knock your confidence a bit.

maybe you should have not used a new soap AND a new blade at the same time, introduce new items individually. are you sure the lather was actually that great?, it is easy to get loads of billowing, fluffy, but quite useless, lather out of MWF. it takes a bit of practice to get it spot on., don't let it set you back though, keep going.

Gillette blades in any ATT require a very light touch in my experience. You want to let the weight of the razor do all the work. Slants seem to get closer or often described as more efficient, in other words fewer passes once clocked in.

Maybe keep an eye out to see if you get a similar burn when using MWF again as it's possible you're lanolin intolerant, which has exacerbated an exceptionally close shave ? Please consider your spleen well vented amongst guys who have managed to find mistakes you haven't even thought of yet ! Yup, we understand okay.

JohnnyO. o/.

Thackeray, that you for your
Maybe keep an eye out to see if you get a similar burn when using MWF again as it's possible you're lanolin intolerant, which has exacerbated an exceptionally close shave ? Please consider your spleen well vented amongst guys who have managed to find mistakes you haven't even thought of yet ! Yup, we understand okay.

JohnnyO. o/.
johnnyO, thanks for that. Will give MWF one more try and see what happens.

Gillette blades in any ATT require a very light touch in my experience. You want to let the weight of the razor do all the work. Slants seem to get closer or often described as more efficient, in other words fewer passes once clocked in.
Nishy, thanks. Was thinking of switching back to my progress to see if I get the same result. Am not convinced as my first few shaves were heavenly.

Well, sudocream is marvellous stuff. I think I will be ready for a shave tomorrow afternoon mind you will not be rushing into it. Mind you lots of laughter in the house with me having a white moustache!!
Just wanted to say a big thank you for those people who gave me words of encouragement!

Try the same blade/cream combo with the progress next time for a comparison. Are the 7 o'clocks super stainless or permasharp stainless

Well, sudocream is marvellous stuff. I think I will be ready for a shave tomorrow afternoon mind you will not be rushing into it. Mind you lots of laughter in the house with me having a white moustache!!
Just wanted to say a big thank you for those people who gave me words of encouragement!

It'll be your turn to offer understanding to one of us next time G/Father, one of the ( many ) nice things about TSR is that we're all kinda in this together.

JohnnyO. o/.

Back
Top Bottom