Derby extra

Tolerable in the Standard Razor (that wee beast works with anything), utter rubbish in anything else. They are good however for removing connective tissue from meat in the kitchen. ;)

Derby Extras are one of the few cases where you want 'new' ones not 'OS'. They are not a bad blade - not great one particularly, just not bad. And sometimes, not bad is good enough.
I see it this way: There are so many great blades out there, that (for me - YMMV etc etc) not great is bad enough. And Derbys (for me, etc) are below average and I wish people would stop using them as 'free blades' thrown in with whatever you buy. I have so many great blades stashed away that I'm never tempted by Derbys. They aren't even the cheapest option.

At the risk of being right on an issue which so many established authorities seem wrong, I find the Derby to be an excellent blade.
As one must prepare a straight razor before using it, one must prepare their DE by using a new Derby for each shave.
It's as good once as any other blade.

At the risk of being right on an issue which so many established authorities seem wrong, I find the Derby to be an excellent blade.
one must prepare their DE by using a new Derby for each shave.

Hey dere you crazy old Yanker,

Ah yes, the Derby 'system' of yours. Let's look at that once more for the new guys. Heh, we will see if they find you nuts or not.

It's a Derby blade loaded into a very aggressive razor like an Old Type of some kind. Then it's using a superlather made up of Derby soap/cream. Yes, everything Derby is important for the best results. Not too crazy yet, but not too sane either.

Heh, this isn't how you shave though. The blade/razor part is right, but normally you don't use anything wet while shaving. No prep or water or shaving soap/cream involved, choosing instead a dry face with that combo.

Another member who talks kinda normal but really ain't. My favorite kinda guy, as long as I know your act.

Hah, don't worry about the risk of being right,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom