DE Blade Challenge II

In August of 2011 I posted a testing of DE blades and some readers made a request for me to perform this test again to incorporate some of their favorite blades. This is the result of this testing.

https://sites.google.com/site/gdcarrington1/home/de-blade-challenge-ii

I have chosen this format for easy of development. If you find any glaring issues, please contact me by PM and if it needs correction I will make any necessary changes.

Thank you for your review.

I've followed a lot of your topics... But you've really out done yourself with this one!! Wow! Wow!
This is really impressive, useful and a part of current shaving memorabilia. This will be repeated on google searches forever!
Great job.

I really admire your work ethic. I know that this was your own experiment to determine your own preferences, I just hope not too many people see it as a sort of one stop reference guide to that perennial "which blade is best" question. As you probably agree with, I'm not sure there can ever be a one-glance table that tells new shaver "Mr X" which blade to pick.

My own system is shave, think (did I like that?) and then bin or keep, or order more, but congratulations on a very thorough labour of love. :)

Oh and PS: I did find just one small correction if you're interested:
On the Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum (black packaging) you said : "Note that the same packaging is used for the Gillette 7 O'CLOCK Super Platinum blades made in St. Petersburg Russia which can cause identification issues".

It's not quite the same packaging, same design of print but the Russian ones are a dark to mid blue colour... they can look nearly black in pictures but it's much clearer in person that they are blue.
The Indian black ones have very often got a red flash telling you there's a free blade in the box.

GDCarrington said:
In August of 2011 I posted a testing of DE blades and some readers made a request for me to perform this test again to incorporate some of their favorite blades. This is the result of this testing.

https://sites.google.com/site/gdcarrington1/home/de-blade-challenge-ii

I have chosen this format for easy of development. If you find any glaring issues, please contact me by PM and if it needs correction I will make any necessary changes.

Thank you for your review.

You did a better job than me.

Canuck said:
I really admire your work ethic. I know that this was your own experiment to determine your own preferences, I just hope not too many people see it as a sort of one stop reference guide to that perennial "which blade is best" question. As you probably agree with, I'm not sure there can ever be a one-glance table that tells new shaver "Mr X" which blade to pick.

My own system is shave, think (did I like that?) and then bin or keep, or order more, but congratulations on a very thorough labour of love. :)

Oh and PS: I did find just one small correction if you're interested:
On the Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum (black packaging) you said : "Note that the same packaging is used for the Gillette 7 O'CLOCK Super Platinum blades made in St. Petersburg Russia which can cause identification issues".

It's not quite the same packaging, same design of print but the Russian ones are a dark to mid blue colour... they can look nearly black in pictures but it's much clearer in person that they are blue.
The Indian black ones have very often got a red flash telling you there's a free blade in the box.

That had occurred back in 2010-2011 time frame so Gillette finally figured it out and corrected the packaging during that time period to eliminate that issue.

I left the original data as is from the first article so it followed over.

P.S. to Gillette we really do notice package changes and duplications. Hint, hint ... stop that.

Where are you buying the supermax super platinum from? I tried ebay but they don't post to the UK......apparently.

Excellent round up, I have bookmarked it for future reference.

Back
Top Bottom