Cyril Salter solid soap (Tallow)

They don't seem to stock it anymore, it's quite a hard soap to find, Connaught Shaving and The Shaving Shack seem to be the only place's it can be had unless anyone knows any different.

I bought it from Shave Lounge's Ebay.

I think the Shaving Shack one is the 57g non tallow version
https://www.cyrilrsalter.co.uk/prod...id-shaving-soap-57g-refill?variant=3561524037

@Norfolkdick's lather and scent description in the old thread is spot on
http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/com...cyril-salter-solid-shaving-soap-tallow.43572/

Ah ok then. Their website says it's the 57g cake size which is the non tallow version but it's good to hear they have the Tallow one.
Yes it's a little confusing , the picture shows a 57g refill yet the discription underneath says 70g which is why I contacted Dan who told me that he did have the 70g refill soap and it was tallow and had been since 2016. :) P.

Well I had my first use of the soap in question today and it is indeed a very fine soap. It easily produced a thick stable lather that was both slick and protective with plenty of residual slickness left once the lather had been shaved off.
It compares well with any number of top ranking hard Tallow soap's on the market today. The scent was less pronounced than one would have expected however as far as I'm concerned scent is secondary when it comes to assessing a soap, the scent was there and it was pleasant.
For the price of this soap it punches well above its weight.
Will I be buying more of this soap.......you bet . :) P .

Thread necromancy for sure, but since there are some "greenhorns" on the forum now it is a good time to "beat the drum" on this low key jewel as it really does deliver. Harder than a whore's heart it is, but the lather is just as good as MWF and w/o the "sheepy" smell some don't like.

It's easy to get swept up in all the scent & PSF hysteria for newbies, but know that this is an "old school" type hard soap that just plain works. Gramps would be proud of you. Connaught sells this for a measly £4.80 as well!!

Back
Top Bottom