Custom handles

Having tried both my 7 o'clock new and aluminium handled tech this morning, I found both to be too light for me, I reckoned they'd be better with a heavier handle similar to my futur in weight.
So into the shed I went and turned myself a stainless handle, I think it came out quite well.

It weighs in at 69g, 2g heavier than the futur handle.

Might knock some of these out if there's any interest !?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378207644860.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378207644860.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 402
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378207928336.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378207928336.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 437
Nice job! How long is your handle? What diameter before knurling. And what thread size? And if they all don't suit my need, can you make a similar handle 100mm long, 12mm dia and M5 thread? And how much would you charge for such a Classic handle? 12mm and the knurling might be a problem, of course.

I like your New look-a-like design.

Re: RE: Custom handles

Bechet45 said:
Nice job! How long is your handle? What diameter before knurling. And what thread size? And if they all don't suit my need, can you make a similar handle 100mm long, 12mm dia and M5 thread? And how much would you charge for such a Classic handle? 12mm and the knurling might be a problem, of course.

I like your New look-a-like design.

Hi, the handle is 90mm in length, 12mm diameter with the knurling and m5 thread.
I could make any length you needed.

I'd say £15 plus post would be my price with the cost of material, electricity and time.

How does that sound ?

Just received mine. It's really good. The weight of the handle is just right and it's very well made. Fits my tech head perfectly.
Fantastic value for money.

Many Thanks Iain

Can somebody tell me whether M5 thread is the right size for iKon three piece heads? If not then what size thread do I need? Are most modern SS razors made with the same thread?

I'd love to order one. As soon as I know the thread size, a PM will be winging its way across!

Thanks,

David

Having tried the Grande handle, I stuck my brand new Muhle R41 2013 version on the 100mm temp18 handle and guesss what? - perfection. Right weight, heft, balance, does all the work, let's the blade sing and pop. Terrific combo now made as a permanent match. For me, good grip is important and this handle gives that without over-doing the knurling. Great!

Back
Top Bottom