Custom DE handles

This replica of the cooper razor handle is ready to ship.
The bottom end is octagonal, and I couldnt get stainless octagon section so I've had to mill it to that shape. Several failed attempts later I think I've nailed it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401474147034.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401474147034.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 193
  • uploadfromtaptalk1401474185551.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401474185551.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 130
  • uploadfromtaptalk1401474221786.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401474221786.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 144
templ8 said:
This replica of the cooper razor handle is ready to ship.
The bottom end is octagonal, and I couldnt get stainless octagon section so I've had to mill it to that shape. Several failed attempts later I think I've nailed it.

That is superb

Oh! Oh! Oh! Suddenly I need another handle!

Iain, could you chunk up that tail piece and fit one instead of the increased diameter tail to one of my handles - as in, the batch you just made for me? If yes, I'll PM you details. When I say another handle, I mean, of course, one in stainless and one in bronze. And I think that means another DLC!

Bechet45 said:
Oh! Oh! Oh! Suddenly I need another handle!

Iain, could you chunk up that tail piece and fit one instead of the increased diameter tail to one of my handles - as in, the batch you just made for me? If yes, I'll PM you details. When I say another handle, I mean, of course, one in stainless and one in bronze.

Carl, ain't you just the biggest AD sufferer out there? Good on yer - makes me feel a lot less guilty so in a way you're providing a service. I ain't paying, mind. ;)

Four candles or fork 'andles?

Bechet45 said:
And then being taken away by men in white coats!

Och, it ain't so bad 'cept that some of them are women and look like they'd have been right at home in the SS!

Gairdner said:
Bechet45 said:
And then being taken away by men in white coats!

Och, it ain't so bad 'cept that some of them are women and look like they'd have been right at home in the SS!

I am deeply shocked by your assertion, Graeme! You may have experience with women in white coats but none of the women in the SS or their barracks. Besides, what matters in not their looks but the compassion they show the patients in their care.

Iain

I'm looking for a thicker handle with more grip for my DE89. The one in the link below looks about right (hope the link works).

I'd prefer a handle length of 90mm

A shaft diameter slightly larger than the original, say 15mm, doesn't have to be exact as long as it's a bit meatier than the 12mm original.

Stainless steel preferable with a good knurl for plenty of grip.

If you could give me quote that would be great. Tried to pm you but it says your quota is exceeded [emoji3]

Thanks
Matt (Smiler)

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=21600&pid=339678#pid339678

[attachment=11290]
One for Jpshaver and one for Dave Q's Fatip

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1406545522159.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406545522159.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 151
Back
Top Bottom