Custom DE handles

A question Iain!

I have something in mind but don't want to scribble it down untill I know the answer to the following question.

Is it possible to work with Tungsten without you having to replace your brand new workshop and is the cost within our very loose definition of 'reasonable'?

(No, not a complete handle!).

Thanks.

Bechet45, you're welcome.

GlobalM, sorry, tungsten is well over my lathes capabilities I'm afraid.

John, thanks for that ;-)

Hiya,

Man, there's some talented forum members. Got brush and soap makers among others, and then there's people like Iain who make razor handles.

I've seen a bunch of his designs and they kinda remind me of the UFO series and also the late Cooncat Bob's pieces. Looks very nice.

Iain, I would think you would have more business than you could handle (so to speak) if you ever introduced yourself over at the big forum. Of course, that might be easier said than done. Still, you are making a bunch of people happy here.

Martin

Oh, at some point I am gonna have to order a handle from you. Sheeesh.

templ8 said:
GlobalM, sorry, tungsten is well over my lathes capabilities I'm afraid.

I had an idea. I think Carl is right about the Epee handle putting the CG in mid-handle, so I though that a Tunsten screw-in slug at the end of the handle could provide the same 'counterweight' effect but allow retention of the straight handle profile.

I thought tunsten might be a bit difficult!

Thanks.

pjgh said:
dodgy said:
Oh, at some point I am gonna have to order a handle from you. Sheeesh.

Time to get that 1912 handle ordered, Marty :D

Which one? There's a number of beautiful SE versions to choose from. Yes, I am crazy about those lovely shaving tea trays in general. They're about all I use.

Marty

Got the Saxon handle yesterday from Mervyn Cadman. Have to say it's a thing of beauty and weight. Coupled with the Braveheart head it gave me possibly the best shave I have had so far.

As we are on the topic, I wanted to share a beautiful piece of workmanship, compliments of Mervyn Cadman. I just received the Anglo-Saxon handle, and I am anxious to thread it to a nice Muhle or Parker head and put it through its paces. Nice, hefty, and well crafted handle that will provide plenty of good grip even with wet hands. Anyone in need of a custom handle should definitely take a look at what Mervyn is crafting...Yes...it is in Stainless Steel.

[attachment=10578]
[attachment=10579]
[attachment=10580]
[attachment=10581]
[attachment=10582]

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    241.8 KB · Views: 128
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    291.1 KB · Views: 93
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    239.1 KB · Views: 76
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    286.1 KB · Views: 91
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    220.4 KB · Views: 107
Re: RE: Custom DE handles

Bechet45 said:
That design is definitely not for me but his polishing technique in particular has to be admired.

Same here, I hold the handle in the middle not at the top or bottom end, will wait for the full knurled version to arrive on the scene.

Back
Top Bottom