Current Go-to's

Jagger DE89L. I must like it as I've not got around to getting another razor other than a WS Classic that I don't use. No doubt that'll change at some point.
Gillette 7 O'C sharp edge. Though trying out various currently nothing stands out as being likely to dislodge it from preferred status.
Delivers a 1st rate easy shave.

I use a different razor every week so don't have a go to as such, but my most effective razors are probably:

Weber DLC
Gillette Popular
Gillette 7 o'clock OC
Ikon OSS

And for blades I'd go for either Polsilvers or Bolzano Superinox.

Currently: Gillette S/S with Israeli Personnas and Proraso (just bought some MWF to try, not sure about that yet)

Aiming for: Gillette Old Type 501-B. (I hear its pretty aggressive, not tried it yet and it needs some cleaning up)

Also have: Various Techs, couple of Super Speeds, Aristocrat Junior.

I had an hour spare on the weekend, so armed with a bit of junk wood, an electric saw and a drill I set about making myself a stand for my razors. It won't win any awards (and tbh, wouldn't pass an 11-plus for woodwork!) but it holds the razors which is the main thing!
From left to right, the 37c, Goodwill, Weber DLC, Superspeed Red. Brushes are (L-R) Bestshave.net £1.65 cheapy, Body Shop synthetic, Wilkinson Sword bristle, New Forest badger.

7360833058_9c81ab0cf2_m.jpg

Razors - I've ended up with a dozen or so DEs, but these two get the most use:

#21 Aristocrat
Ball end Old type

Blades:

Astra SP
Personna med prep

kt66 said:
Razors - I've ended up with a dozen or so DEs, but these two get the most use:

#21 Aristocrat
Ball end Old type

Blades:

Astra SP
Personna med prep

Interesting that you favour the Old Type, how do you find they work with modern blades, do they fit OK?

Back
Top Bottom