Counterfeit iridium Super Stainless on ebay from idiotdoc

Re: Counterfeit iridium Super Stainless on ebay from idiotdo

I have since had another email from the seller explaining that the H.K. address is someone who works for him and he is not happy with him as he is having to stay up all night sorting this out.. It seems he had no idea that they were counterfeit and as James said fair play to the bloke at least he is sorting it out .

When I asked for the refund without sending the blades back he sent the money back very quickly which I was very happy about.

I now feel less bummed ;)

Also, the chap is genuinely sorry about what happened. Something in his processes his gone awry and needs to be sorted out.

Idiotdoc has expressed his sincere apologies, and says he is nothing to do with the other ebay seller with a similar name.

Although he is on holiday, he is responding (quite quickly) to this issue.

I have had my refund processed in full.

To be honest, I think he was miss-sold the goods too.

They were dispatched from Hong Kong - so chances are he'd never actually seen the goods.

I'm sure there will be more floating about on the market by less honest sellers (or by those who think they are selling the genuine article too).

Just make sure you get some good images of what you are buying before you hit the buy now button :)

I believe the blades went from a drop-ship setup based in Hong Kong. Itiotdoc is based in Singapore

After googling the sent from address on the envelope it seems to be synonymous with counterfeit goods.

This has obviously been ongoing for a while now. I bought 100 a few months ago not long before all the talk of them being discontinued. I put them away with my other stash "essentials"

I then decided to sell tham as I'm moving more to straights so put them on ebay. By chance a member here bought them. A few days after posting he contacted me to ask where I had bought them and posted a link to this thread. I have obviously refunded him and I'm now trying to trace the transaction on my paypal account. Can those that bought tell me who the seller shows as on paypal. As it was more than 3 months ago that I bought them I have to download my history which only shows date, amount and seller.

So far I have identified 2 possibles:

K L CHU
&
H L M CHU

if these are similar I can pursue this thorugh paypal but as it stands I can't find the transaction. I will email paypal to see if they can give me further details too.

Scamming b**tards!!!!!

simmo3801 said:
if these are similar I can pursue this thorugh paypal but as it stands I can't find the transaction. I will email paypal to see if they can give me further details too.

Scamming b**tards!!!!!

If you bought through eBay, it should be easy to spot them in your feedback history (unless you're one of those odious twunts that doesn't leave feedback, in which case it's payback time :lol: )

No I always leave feedback as I can't stand those annoying messages telling me I need to leave it but hadn't searched through my feedback profile enough so thanks HM

My seller was elukin0722 and I bought them on 20/09/2010. There are currently no items listed for sale from them and when I search under my item number there is no trace of it. Looking at their feedback they sold a lot of Iridiums.......

Once I get my 100 back I'll pursue this.

I was wondering if any detail of this scam has come to light.

Reason I ask is, quite innocently I tried one of them recently, not realising they are counterfeit. I wouldn't be surprised if they were made in the same factory. It was not bad, at all. Both sharp and smooth. I am not expert enough to decide if they are original blades in duff packaging, but if they are indeed counterfeiters they should have gone into the business honestly!

Anyone else used them?

I must admit, I have tried them, not knowing they were fakes - they're not bad blades

Matt

How to spot FAKE Super Iridium blades

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=41001&id=177635825610657" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 5825610657</a><!-- m -->

Creepy to see the subtle differences when compared side by side

Blades

Well amazingly having contacted my seller that I bought 100 from back on 2nd Sept I have just had my money refunded! Ebays policy for reporting problems with a purchase is time restricted so I couldn't complain to them. i informed them that the seller had sold counterfeit goods but I've had no reply so I'm assuming they looked at the date and aren't interested.

Fair play to my seller after a fortnight of promises of a refund they finally came through! :D

Anyone want to buy some iridiums.........

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=41001&id=177635825610657" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 5825610657</a><!-- m -->

My pictures are getting everywhere

My 50 arrived 2 days ago and sure enough they were the bad lot. Quick email did the trick, all money refunded and I was allowed to keep the 50. He told me not to destroy them but to use them and tell him what I thought of the blade. He said regardless of the seriousness of the deed, that they are still a good blade for 3-5 shaves. Thanks to BlkNight for the rapid response, pictures and turn around.

Here's my proposal and let me know if you think it is worth the time and effort. I'm going to open a pack to use one - nine remaining. I'll shave tomorrow with one.

I recently mailed a blade (FRESH Tradition) to a few members; cost $1.00 per letter. Drop me a PM and I'll PIF one to you. Then try it out and let me know what you think of it. It would be good discussion. The other 40 will go deep storage for histerical purposes.

I understand ethics and all that conversation but you're no money into it. The 3-5 shaves are on me. The vendor is a man of his word and squared away the deal and recommended using them. Hell of a sea story though. You can actually state you used one and thought that the blade performed .....

I have nine counterfit iridium blades to give away. Let's hear from the guys at TSR how they perform. You are fee to move about your cubicle.

All the best,
Otten Out.

Back
Top Bottom