Coffee to go?

In which case - make sure it's nespresso. It might lack the ready made milk styles of the other types, but a drink made with real milk is lots better than one made with UHT milk / milk substitute!

I will have a look around, but it will never beat this machine as its the dogs and has a great retro look and what a cup it makes (Even if the wife does not agree)

You've not had coffee till you tried it in cezve, traditional way.

ibrik.jpg

...GROUNDS for divorce!!! Get it. Coffee joke.
Martin can I rent your wife too please.

ha nice one.

Get a Gaggia Classic. Not too messy. Quick and easy to use. Great results.
My friends have two n espresso machines.
They are OK but the coffee, for me is no where near as good as a fresh grind.
Taste is the driver for me and if I'd got a pod machine I'd have been disappointed.
I'm having fun with lavazza beans at the mo. Think of not being able to choose?? Tinker and fiddle.
I'm off for one now.
Martin get back to me on the rental thing.
Yrs
Timgooseblake.

We got the Delonghi machine http://www.delonghi.com/uk_en/products/icona-eco-310r/ as a compromise. It takes ESE espresso pods or coffee grounds, the Illy ESE pods make nice coffee and there are other brands available at a reasonable price. If you want to use the grounds of your choice, you can. You have to use real milk, I wouldn't compromise here. If the coffee is made with UHT powder pod I'd rather drink instant coffee.

I think she has her mind made up on this http://www.johnlewis.com/231687427/Product.aspx so looks like mine will be going, as today I have been taken along to look and see how little mess they make and how easy it is to clean and use. Unlike polishing stainless and also so I'm told its does not sound like a jet taking off

dodgy said:
Hiya,

Ahhh yes, them women sure is a riot sometimes. Usta be married to one of those myself, but now I just rent.

Anyway, a little off topic so excuse the partial derailment.

So when my daughter was around four years old, my wife and I decided to addict her to coffee. Yep, coffee drinking's a good skill to have, unlike it's more insipid cousin (tea).

Got her a coffee machine recommended for that age, and away she went. By the time she was six, we'd go to Starbucks together and she was ordering a Doppio con Panna. Actually, it was usually a double......she'd call em "Double Dopes". Isn't that cute? Heh, she would bitch if the espresso crema wasn't perfect. Very adorable.

Here's an old pic of the machine:

Martin
I have left you a note further on.
Nice coffee machine BTW.
Yrs
Tile

Exapno said:
£350 and you can't put coffee grounds in it..? So she not only knows nothing about coffee, she also has expensive tastes.

Women... can't live with 'em...

That is all.

I think its not a bad price as my beloved coffee machine was around £700, mind you its still pie in the sky as have not brought one yet (still holding tight to mine:icon_cry2:)

Back
Top Bottom