Coffee to go?

So after a lot of love my wife thinks that we should sell my La Pavoni and buy one of those fancy pod ones (personally I think she is mad) its a work of art and makes great coffee, but am I living in the past

[attachment=5503][attachment=5502]

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 71
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 68
DONT DO IT!!!!

My wife was fed up with coffee grinds all over the place and bought me one of those dolce gusta things, or whatever they are called. They make not bad coffee from the pods and are quick with less mess and hassle. BUT coffee from a propper machine tastes so much better and you are not limited to buying coffee from one manufacturer. I am now stuck with having to buy pods from Nescafe and they cost a fortune compared to grinding your own. She gave away my coffe machine because she said I didn't need it any more, what she doesn't know is that I went and bought myself a wee Bialetti stove top espresso maker. It is hidden away at the back of a cupboard along with the beans and grinder. If she throws that one out it will be grounds for divorce!!!

Dolce Gusto. I have one, the coffee is OK. The cost of pods isn't.

Tassimo - Don't have one, but same problem.

Nespresso - Good selection of coffee, and really nice coffee. But still limited to only using pods.

Frankly, they are the dial-a-pizza of the coffee world. Seem OK, and do a job, but leave you unsatisfied.

I think its the Nespresso she would like, as for the self fill pods that would not work as the pressure you use when you pull the handle down also I think she is sick of seeing the machine and wants something that looks like our kitchen aid.... WHY......

I've got Nespresso machine and have to say the coffee is good, and really quick, but the pods are expensive.
I also use an Aeropress for ground coffee which gives you really nice coffee and quickly too. It's quite compact so you can take it to work etc. which is also a bonus. I would recommend getting one if you have a machine that uses pods as a nice alternative, if you still like ground coffee, and they're also relatively cheap and easy to clean too.

Hiya,

Ahhh yes, them women sure is a riot sometimes. Usta be married to one of those myself, but now I just rent.

Anyway, a little off topic so excuse the partial derailment.

So when my daughter was around four years old, my wife and I decided to addict her to coffee. Yep, coffee drinking's a good skill to have, unlike it's more insipid cousin (tea).

Got her a coffee machine recommended for that age, and away she went. By the time she was six, we'd go to Starbucks together and she was ordering a Doppio con Panna. Actually, it was usually a double......she'd call em "Double Dopes". Isn't that cute? Heh, she would bitch if the espresso crema wasn't perfect. Very adorable.

Here's an old pic of the machine:

Martin

Attachments

• kitty.jpg
    kitty.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 32
I think everyone has summed it up nicely - don't sell it, you'll regret it!

Nespresso is great - I have one, use it daily and enjoy the coffee. It's better than most high street vendors. But it will never achieve quite the excellence you get out of a proper home made coffee by someone who knows what they're about.

That said - the mess is nonexistent and it's quick and easy in a morning!

Back
Top Bottom