Coffee to go?

so amusing.. i have the exact opposite problem. My girlfriend is desperate for us to get a proper coffee machine in the house. On a less than generous budget for something so flippant, she's convinced herself she wants a Gaggia Classic. Of course it'll be me that has to show her how to work it!!

she wants it done properly though, none of this pod nonsense

Why can't you keep yours a littlle while as well?
Once she is fed up buying pods and drinking shite coffee she might just come aorund.
The only pods I buy now are for black coffee, it's the only way I can drink it out of these things!

Don't get rid of your machine, far too nice to sell and in a years time you will REALLY regret it!!!

shrink said:
so amusing.. i have the exact opposite problem. My girlfriend is desperate for us to get a proper coffee machine in the house. On a less than generous budget for something so flippant, she's convinced herself she wants a Gaggia Classic. Of course it'll be me that has to show her how to work it!!

she wants it done properly though, none of this pod nonsense

It's so nice looking you know she would love it (if only she could take it from my cold dead hands)

guys what would be a good pre-ground to get?

for use in a cafetiere. moving house so don't want to buy a grinder or anything yet.

preferably something that doesn't taste horrible when you brew it strong as i really need something to get me going in the mornings

(having to resort to 2 teaspoons of kenco a cup atm)

shanky887614 said:
guys what would be a good pre-ground to get?

for use in a cafetiere. moving house so don't want to buy a grinder or anything yet.

preferably something that doesn't taste horrible when you brew it strong as i really need something to get me going in the mornings

(having to resort to 2 teaspoons of kenco a cup atm)

What are you looking for something with a high caffeine content or a nice coffee. There is only one way to brew a coffee. The reason yours tastes horrible strong is more than likely down to the fact you are doing it wrong(as you admit earlier) if you have problems with kick starting yourself in the morning I would look more into lifestyle and diet than the need to brew a coffee longer so it tastes bitter as this might not even alter the TDS of the coffee

For when you just want a cup of fresh Joe (don't know why they call it that - any Noo Yoikers here that can enlighten??), without all the hassle and time that goes with some machines on the market. I can't recommend enough, that you invest in an Aerobie Coffee Press - about £25 from Amazon. Fantastic wee gizmo that takes up no room at all. Google it and read the reviews, then go and buy one - you'll thank yourself for years to come!!

Back
Top Bottom