Closed Cobra Classic Pass Around - COMPLETE

Third shave with the Cobra Classic today. Again it was a smooth and comfortable affair. Feather Pro works very well with this razor, although I haven't tried any other blades with it to compare.

As the result was the same as the last couple of days I won't post another review, but instead I'll sum up a few pros and cons (IMO).

Pros:
  • Beautiful razor with an attractive design
  • Head offers great manoeuvrability
  • Excellent feedback makes finding correct shaving angle easy
  • Availability of production blades
  • Very smooth shaves
Cons:
  • Handle can be awkward to hold due to its shape
  • Price and availability (unless you're a friend of Nico's ;))

@sc0tt has confirmed safe receipt of the Cobra...:)

1. Nishy - complete
2. riverrun - complete
3. rowlers - complete
4. Burgundy - complete
5. Fergiebilly - complete
6. MPH - complete
7. FrankieG - complete
8. @sc0tt*

*Currently with

LIST CLOSED

Sorry @Nico1970 I've been really busy, been on the drink all weekend
I've used it three times now and the shaves just keep getting better.
Went out with the family for my birthday meal tonight and ran it across my chops before i went and possibly had the closest shave I've had this year

My third shave with the Cobra today haven't been able to shave for the last few days so I had three days worth of stubble. I have heavy growth so it was quite long.

I used the same Set up as the two shaves before. Effortless shave again I'm really loving this razor.

I did a quick comparison shave on my head with my favourite injector.
Left side cobra, right side pal injectormatic.

The pal gave a closer shave but that could just be that use this razor regularly and know the angles it requires.

The only problem I'm finding with the classic is the grip I find it awkward, and if I pull the trigger on a cobra it will probably be a king due to the handle.
_20160807_161148.JPG

I want to thank @Nico1970 for letting me try the Cobra.
I will be having one more shave with it then I will be sending it back to you.

The Cobra Classic has now RTB.

Thanks to all who took part in the pass around, for your considered reportage and not least for taking care of the razor...:D

EDIT - and thanks also to whoever put the Post Shave Balm in the pass around package! Nice one...:)

Last edited:
The Cobra Classic has now RTB.

Thanks to all who took part in the pass around, for your considered reportage and not least for taking care of the razor...:D

EDIT - and thanks also to whoever put the Post Shave Balm in the pass around package! Nice one...:)
Thanks, Martin. I really enjoyed the Cobra.
If you didn't put the balm in, then by elimination it must have been Nishy :D

Just a quick question (thought this would be a good place to enquire).

I recently picked up a cobra classic but with the blade loaded there is a lot of play in the plate at the bottom. In other words the blade doesn't feel securely locked in place. Is this normal?

Thanks

Just a quick question (thought this would be a good place to enquire).

I recently picked up a cobra classic but with the blade loaded there is a lot of play in the plate at the bottom. In other words the blade doesn't feel securely locked in place. Is this normal?

Thanks
No.

I have a King Cobra that uses the same mechanism and the blade is held securely on mine with no play on bottom plate.

I think you have a duff one.

No.

I have a King Cobra that uses the same mechanism and the blade is held securely on mine with no play on bottom plate.

I think you have a duff one.
Its Not Duff..The Classic Cobra on the Pass Around was Like that..I Know Others that have them & they are the Same because I Have Spoken to them & there Has Been Plenty Written About it.It Doesn't Affect How it Shaves...o_O

Billy

Ah, good to know. Cheers mate
The Head & Comb Are Sprung Loaded & Moves in a Pivot at the Sides of the Head to Take the Thicker Pro Plus Blade which is Also Wider so the Comb Adjusts Accordingly..It Feels Weird at 1st..It Doesn't Affect anything Unless You Were Using Mega Pressure which isn't Gonna Happen Anyway..;)

It Was Designed that Way..The Earlier Ones Didn't Do that Cause they Only Took the Pro Blade..:)

Billy

Back
Top Bottom